[comp.sys.mac.wanted] Question On Compressed Files

deichman@cod.NOSC.MIL (Shane D. Deichman) (02/07/91)

Fellow Netters:

I recently downloaded some files from sumex-aim, only to
find out that they are compressed by something other than
Stuffit.  I own both Stuffit 1.5.1 and Stuffit Deluxe, but
neither work on these "*.cpt" files.

What application do I need, and is it shareware or only
available through dealers?

Thanx for your help.

-shane

Still clueless in California....

dchee@bonnie.ics.uci.edu (Derek Chee) (02/07/91)

In <2784@cod.NOSC.MIL> deichman@cod.NOSC.MIL (Shane D. Deichman) writes:

>I own both Stuffit 1.5.1 and Stuffit Deluxe, but
>neither work on these "*.cpt" files.

>What application do I need, and is it shareware or only
>available through dealers?

*.cpt archives are made with the program called Compact Pro (formerly
Compactor).  The current version is 1.30 and it's shareware.  Hope
this helps.

--
Derek Chee
America Online: Exter                  |   (fill in whatever here)

Mike.Burton@f555.n161.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Mike Burton) (02/15/91)

to:deichman@cod.NOSC.MIL (Shane D. Deichman)

Shane,
   I believe that you'll find compacter will suit your needs.  This is
shareware and can be found on many bulletin boards.  Another postfix is .PIT,
which is packit (usually version III).  Hope this helps some!

-Mike

--
Mike Burton - via FidoNet node 1:125/777
    UUCP: ...!uunet!hoptoad!fidogate!161!555!Mike.Burton