[comp.sys.mac.wanted] Place to get PMMU

tph@cs.utexas.edu (Pow-Hwee Tan) (10/01/90)

Greetings,

I need to get the 68851 PMMU for my Mac II.  Which is the best place
with the best price?  Note that I don't need Virtual, I only want the
PMMU itself.

Thanks.

--
ph tan, CS Dept, UT Austin

clarson@ux.acs.umn.edu (Chaz Larson) (10/03/90)

From MacWeek 09.25.90:

Tercom
1-800-827-1257

68851RC16   $133
Mac II's 16MHz speed, not a 12 MHz! Ask & Beware!

I have no idea as to the veracity of Tercom's "Ask & Beware!" warning, nor have
I ever done business with them.  I'm just reporting the ad's contents.

chaz
       "I Am The Reincarnation of Abraham Lincoln", Insists Prince.
                 			 -spew
clarson@ux.acs.umn.edu                                       AOL:Crowbone

jdon@drutx.ATT.COM (BookJD) (10/05/90)

In article <2328@ux.acs.umn.edu>, clarson@ux.acs.umn.edu (Chaz Larson) writes:
> From MacWeek 09.25.90:
>
> Tercom
> 1-800-827-1257
>
> 68851RC16   $133
> Mac II's 16MHz speed, not a 12 MHz! Ask & Beware!

I just saw the latest MacWarehouse catalogue price for the PMMU.
They want $119.00 for the 16 MHz version w/o virtual software.

J. Don Book			|  UUCP: ...!uunet!cbnews!drutx!jdon
AT&T Denver Works		|  Internet: jdon@drutx.att.com
1200 W. 120th Ave. Dept. 434	|  GEnie: J.BOOK (Ender)
Westminster, CO 80234		|  FAX: (303) 538-2652
Phone: (303) 538-3001		|
"I'm just a disclaimed rookie programmer" - me *NOT* AT&T.

In article <6266@drutx.ATT.COM> jdon@drutx.ATT.COM (BookJD) writes:

>I just saw the latest MacWarehouse catalogue price for the PMMU.
>They want $119.00 for the 16 MHz version w/o virtual software.

MacProducts USA also claims to have the PMMU for $119-- problem is, they don't
answer their phone during their Saturday hours-- it's very bad practice not
to answer the phone during your listed hours (they missed out on some SIMM
sales due to that.)

A lot of the places that sell SIMMS also have PMMUs, even if they aren't in
the ads-- call and find out, it's their nickel.
(Don't call anyplace that requires you to order from a 900 number....)

josh@athena.mit.edu (Josh Hartmann) (02/20/91)

In article <2328@ux.acs.umn.edu>, clarson@ux.acs.umn.edu (Chaz Larson) writes:
|> From MacWeek 09.25.90:
|>
|> Tercom
|> 1-800-827-1257
|>
|> 68851RC16   $133
|> Mac II's 16MHz speed, not a 12 MHz! Ask & Beware!
|>
|> I have no idea as to the veracity of Tercom's "Ask & Beware!" warning, nor have
|> I ever done business with them.  I'm just reporting the ad's contents.
|>
|> chaz

The warning is there because some vendors have been covering up the
12 MHz labels on their chips and selling them as 16 MHz machines.

--

Josh Hartmann             |     ___   ___     | ``the imagination is like an
josh@athena.mit.edu       |    |   | |   |    | engine that can work on many