[comp.sys.mac.wanted] Wanted: What/Where is CanOpener

curfmanm@darkstar.cs.orst.edu (Matthew Curfmanm) (02/19/91)

I friend of mine had some damaged files.  He took them to the local computer
store, who repaired the files with a program called 'CanOpener' or something
close to that name.

The gentleman at the store would not give a copy to my friend, and we have
never heard of anything in the stores called this.

So... Does anybody know about CanOpener, and wether it's Commercial or PD?

Matt Curfman                                                 Help Desk Support
curfmanm@darkstar.cas.orst.edu                         Oregon State University
 OSU says what it say, I say what I say.  We don't always say the same thing.

piper@s5000.RSVL.UNISYS.COM (Piper Keairnes) (02/21/91)

curfmanm@darkstar.cs.orst.edu (Matthew Curfmanm) writes:

>The gentleman at the store would not give a copy to my friend, and we have
>never heard of anything in the stores called this.
>So... Does anybody know about CanOpener, and wether it's Commercial or PD?

CanOpener is a commercial product. Darned good one too. It will allow you to
open and preview data in may forms. Primary purpose is to allow you to
open files for which you do not have the original application nor any
other application that will open them.

It also allows you to pull text out of corrupted files sometimes. Formatting
is lost, but it'll save you some retyping.

--
Piper Keairnes         * piper@s5000.rsvl.unisys.com        * Purdue Univ.
Unisys Corporation     * uunet!s5000.rsvl.unisys.com!piper  * Computing Center