[comp.sys.mac.wanted] Wanted: vi for mac

ewa@kingkong.ucsd.edu (Eric Anderson) (02/03/91)

Ignoring, if we may, the question of why anyone would want vi for the mac,
does anyone know if a standalone vi or vi-like editor is available?

*Please* do not post about the virtue (or lack thereof) of such a program!

Eric Anderson, UC San Diego   ewa@ucsd.edu

[Yes, I know I forgot to cross-post this.  Sorry...]

jdw4374@cec2.wustl.edu (The Mad Hatter) (02/24/91)

In article <16300@sdcc6.ucsd.edu> ewa@kingkong.ucsd.edu (Eric Anderson) writes:
>Ignoring, if we may, the question of why anyone would want vi for the mac,
>does anyone know if a standalone vi or vi-like editor is available?
>
>*Please* do not post about the virtue (or lack thereof) of such a program!
>
>Eric Anderson, UC San Diego   ewa@ucsd.edu
>
>[Yes, I know I forgot to cross-post this.  Sorry...]

Well, there is a vi-like editor for the Mac, which is very close to vi, which
is called steVIe.  It's probably available from Sumex, or another Mac archive.
If you can't find it, I am sure that I have it somewhere, but it may take a
while to find it.

|     Jeff Wolman           |     I am NOT Mad as a Hatter!           |
|  (314)862-2900/889-5397   |     My swinging from the rafters is not |
|   jdw4374@cec2.wustl.edu  |     actually happening; it just looks   |
|   AOL: JeffW15            |     like it.  You're crazy, not me!     |