[comp.sys.mac.wanted] English -> Spanish Translators

glp@ibism.UUCP (Greg Parkinson) (02/28/91)

I am looing for an English -> Spanish Translator.  I know of one for the
PC, but not for the Mac.
Anyone know of one?

Thanks

--
Greg Parkinson (GregBear)    Phone:  212-657-7814
Citibank                     Fax:    212-825-8607

janus@ux.acs.umn.edu (Louis Janus) (03/02/91)

In article <12290@ibism.uucp> glp@ibism.UUCP (Greg Parkinson) writes:
>I am looing for an English -> Spanish Translator.  I know of one for the
>PC, but not for the Mac.
>Anyone know of one?
>
>Thanks
------------

I wish I could help.  I have noticed that this exact question for
all sorts of languages gets asked time and time again.  Can't we
all contact our favorite programmers and software houses and tell
them there's a gold mine here?

I would like to propose a shell system for a dictionary, preferably
a DA, that can take a list of corresponding words in two languages.  It
should be able to take home made lists as well as prepared ones, so those
of us who work with less popular languages (like Faroese and Old Norse)
can supply our own lists.

ANY TAKERS?  I'll bet a number of us might be willing to invest $100
or so in this project, given the right programmers, situations.  Waddja'say?

Louis Janus
Scandinvian Dept
U of Minnesota
9 Pleasant St. S.E.