[comp.sys.mac.wanted] Cuckoo clock sought

kai@cyklop.nada.kth.se (Kai-Mikael J{{-Aro) (02/02/91)

Does anyone have a cucko clock/grandfather clock program, which would
cuckoo/chime/make any noise every full hour (or any other set period)?

--
Kai-Mikael J{{-Aro	email: kai@nada.kth.se	    "Don't win, don't lose."
NADA, KTH		voice: +46 8 790 62 81		-- Yoshigasaki-sensei

bskendig@dry.Princeton.EDU (Brian Kendig) (02/02/91)

In article <KAI.91Feb1223815@cyklop.nada.kth.se> kai@cyklop.nada.kth.se (Kai-Mikael J{{-Aro) writes:
>Does anyone have a cucko clock/grandfather clock program, which would
>cuckoo/chime/make any noise every full hour (or any other set period)?

You can use SuperClock, which lets you have an hourly chime.  And if
you can find a sampled sound of a cuckoo clock, you can have it play
that, too!

Now, does anyone out there have a sampled cuckoo for him?  ;)

     << Brian >>

| Brian S. Kendig      \ Macintosh |   Engineering,   | bskendig             |
| Computer Engineering |\ Thought  |  USS Enterprise  | @phoenix.Princeton.EDU
| Princeton University |_\ Police  | -= NCC-1701-D =- | @PUCC.BITNET         |
"It's not that I don't have the work to *do* -- I don't do the work I *have*."

ddaniel@lindy.stanford.edu (D. Daniel Sternbergh) (02/03/91)

In article <KAI.91Feb1223815@cyklop.nada.kth.se> kai@cyklop.nada.kth.se (Kai-Mikael J{{-Aro) writes:
>Does anyone have a cucko clock/grandfather clock program, which would
>cuckoo/chime/make any noise every full hour (or any other set period)?

Related question: a friend offered to send me a Gregorian-like chant
chime, but was never able to.  Does anyone have/know of it or
something similar?

Many thanks,

	== Daniel ==

---------------------------
D. Daniel Sternbergh
ddaniel@lindy.stanford.edu

rvirta@utu.fi (Risto Virtanen) (02/09/91)

In article <1991Feb3.010808.27106@morrow.stanford.edu>
ddaniel@lindy.stanford.edu (D. Daniel Sternbergh) writes:

>Related question: a friend offered to send me a Gregorian-like chant
>chime, but was never able to.  Does anyone have/know of it or
>something similar?

There is a HyperCard stack collection called: If monks had Macs...
(PD/ShareWare?!?) It starts with a view of monastery window with monks chanting
in the background, church bells and birds chirping. Maybe that snd could be
what you want...

Roisto
disclaimer:
My employer doesn't care about my opinions...

bernard@boulder.colorado.edu (Bernie Bernstein) (02/09/91)

Alarming Events by CE Software has some sounds which can take place when
you have an appointment or something like that.  One of them is
a very clear Cuckoo.  Would it be legal to mail that sound?  I remember
a while ago a discussion about copyright infringement and sounds.

Bernie
bernard@boulder.colorado.edu

ddaniel@lindy.stanford.edu (D. Daniel Sternbergh) (02/09/91)

In article <1991Feb8.161241.21560@polaris.utu.fi> rvirta@utu.fi (Risto Virtanen) writes:
>There is a HyperCard stack collection called: If monks had Macs...
>(PD/ShareWare?!?) It starts with a view of monastery window with monks chanting
>in the background, church bells and birds chirping. Maybe that snd could be
>what you want...

Yow!  Any idea where to get a copy of this?  Even if it doesn't have
the sounds I'd asked for, I'd love a copy.

Thanks,

	== Daniel ==

---------------------------
D. Daniel Sternbergh
ddaniel@lindy.stanford.edu

hv@uwasa.fi (Harri Valkama) (02/13/91)

In article <1991Feb8.161241.21560@polaris.utu.fi> rvirta@utu.fi (Risto Virtanen) writes:
>In article <1991Feb3.010808.27106@morrow.stanford.edu>
>ddaniel@lindy.stanford.edu (D. Daniel Sternbergh) writes:
>>Related question: a friend offered to send me a Gregorian-like chant
>>chime, but was never able to.  Does anyone have/know of it or
>>something similar?
>There is a HyperCard stack collection called: If monks had Macs...
>(PD/ShareWare?!?) It starts with a view of monastery window with monks chanting
>in the background, church bells and birds chirping. Maybe that snd could be
>what you want...

If   you  want a  real  cuckoo sound  then you  should  check Sumex or
nic.funet.fi (128.214.6.100) Nic has it in pub/mac/sound dir.

--
== Harri Valkama, University of Vaasa, Finland ===========================
P.O. Box 700, 65101 VAASA, Finland (tel:+358 61 248426 fax:+358 61 248465)

rang@cs.wisc.edu (Anton Rang) (03/03/91)

In article <5880@idunno.Princeton.EDU> bskendig@dry.Princeton.EDU (Brian Kendig) writes:
>Now, does anyone out there have a sampled cuckoo for him?  ;)

  I have one, which I think I got from Sumex.  (It wasn't in the right
format for Superclock, so I converted it with some PD thing which left
the sampling rate wrong, but I managed to flail my way through editing
the 'snd ' resource until it was right.)

  If anyone wants a copy, mail me and I can send it; it's fairly short
(I think 6K before binhexing?).  (Oh no, letting myself in for it
here! :-)

	Anton

| Anton Rang (grad student) | rang@cs.wisc.edu | UW--Madison |