[comp.sys.mac.wanted] High Density Disk Copying Program WANTED

robs@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Rob Schaeffer) (04/05/91)

I want to copy my tour of the SE, which is on high density disks.
All of the programs I've found that do disk copying don't do high
density.  And of course you can't just copy the files through Finder.

Thanks.

Rob

--
robs@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu

"My God, [static] it's full of [static] toasters..."
                           -- 2001, A Hardware Odyssey

sytang@lamar.ColoState.EDU (Shoou-yu tang) (04/05/91)

In article <1991Apr4.162716.21985@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> robs@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Rob Schaeffer) writes:
>I want to copy my tour of the SE, which is on high density disks.
>All of the programs I've found that do disk copying don't do high
>density.  And of course you can't just copy the files through Finder.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Rob

 You can FTP a program called Disk Copy from the apple.com under /pub/dts/sw.li
 cense, all you need to do is remember to set the program size larger than 1.5MB
 is you going to run it under multifinder so it would have enough memory space
 to hold the 1.44MB disk image.
 Yes, it's an image copying program, it also allows you to save the disk image
 as a file, in fact that's how system softwares were stored on Apple's CD-ROM.
 It's very fast and easy to use, you don't even have to pre-format the target
 disk, just stick in the fresh disk at the prompt, 1.44MB won't take more than
 what it take for Finder to format it.
 Have fun.
 Tang
 sytang@lamar.colostate.edu

robs@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Rob Schaeffer) (04/05/91)

DiskCopy from apple.com.  Got it.  Does the job, not a pleasant
interface, but it does the job.

Thanks to everyone who replied!

Rob