for is a way to get extra slots for an SE/30.  I have a
professor who is considering getting one, but wants both
ethernet and a big screen. (If you have any suggestions as
to how to do that, that would be great as well)

main(){int i;for(i=0;i<1000000;i++);printf("thanks\n");}

Dan Lingman
delingma@thunder.lakeheadu.ca

news@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU (Six o'clock News) (05/06/91)

From: gousha@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Charles Gousha)

What you're looking for is the expansion cabinet from New Wave.
With a card in the SE/30 and a box on the side, you get 3-6 NuBus
card slots (or SE/30 slots, I think) with a separate power supply.

sub(){printf("welcome\n");}
Charles Gousha                 |    "Yes, Star Trek IS a way of life"
gousha@cory.berkeley.edu       |               (my own philosophy)
All normal disclaimers apply, as well as some abnormal ones.

mikel@dvorak.amd.com (Michael W. Wellman) (05/07/91)

In article <13384@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU> gousha@cory.Berkeley.EDU writes:
>What you're looking for is the expansion cabinet from New Wave.
>With a card in the SE/30 and a box on the side, you get 3-6 NuBus
>card slots (or SE/30 slots, I think) with a separate power supply.

I don't believe you can get extra PDS type slots; their expansion
cabinets are mostly for NuBus kinds of things.

One of the things I like best is that the small cabinet has the same
footprint as a compact mac, while the large cabinet has the same
footprint as a Mac II/Mac IIx/Mac IIfx.  And in addition to the power
supply, there is also mounting stuff for 1 to 3 disk drives depending
upon whether you get the small or large cabinet.

Finally, the expansion chassis itself is independent of what model of
Mac you have; thus, if you change Macs, all you have to do is get a
new card and you can continue to use all of the things you've attached
to your expansion chassis.

The company actually is:
     Second Wave, Inc.
     9430 Research Blvd
     Austin, Texas
     (512) 343-9661

Note that I've no affiliation with this company and I'm not even a
customer.  I have however spoken with Niles Carter several times about
their products and I am quite impressed with both the company and the
products.

mikel