[comp.sys.mac.wanted] Sending files to IBMs

mhaines@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Matthew Haines) (05/05/91)

I do a lot of work with WordPerfect on my Macintosh.  I have to submit it
to my employer by modem, and since they use IBMs over there, I have to
save the files as WP 5.0 files and then modem them over to their IBM.
I've tried modemming files from my Mac to their IBM, but they say all
they get is a big file that WP won't touch.  So I have to convert the
files to DOS disks, load them onto an IBM and then modem them over.

Does anyone know how I can send my files directly from my Mac to their
IBM ?

I'm using Mac WP 1.5 and they are using IBM WP5.0.

--Thanks

Matthew

awessels@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Allen Wessels) (05/09/91)

In article <12012@jarthur.Claremont.EDU> mhaines@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Matthew Haines) writes:

>Does anyone know how I can send my files directly from my Mac to their
>IBM ?
>
>I'm using Mac WP 1.5 and they are using IBM WP5.0.

I don't use Word Perfect, but I'd guess Mac WP has an option to save as the
DOS version.  Do that, and when you connect with the DOS system, upload the
file to them as a binary file, NOT MacBinary.  Your terminal program should
have an option to choose either binary mode.