[comp.sys.mac.wanted] <None>

jennings@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (07/16/90)

hello
i would like some comments on the 4th Dimension program by Acius.
how does this program compared to other data base program ?
is there a lot of people using it?

any comment is appreciated (intellegent or otherwise)

thanks in advance

jost@me.chalmers.se (08/07/90)

We need a good formula editor, similar to "Mathwriter" or other with the same
functions. Is there anyone who has good experience with any editor. We would
appreciate any comments on the subject.

Please use E-Mail:   jost@me.chalmers.se

Thank's !

Johan Stahre
Chalmers University of Technology
Gothenburg
Sweden

ted@nieland.DAYTON.OH.US (Ted Nieland) (08/08/90)

Is there an archive site for comp.binaries.mac?  I checked uunet, but I
didn't see anything.  My feed was lost for a while, so I only received part
of the 1.6 posting of Sound Master and I am wondering if I missed anything else
during the down time.  I checked SUMEX-AIM, but they don't have the latest
and greatest of a number of packages.

--
M. Edward (Ted) Nieland

Ted@NIELAND.DAYTON.OH.US     (aka  uunet!dayvb!nieland!ted)

tjbryce@amherst.bitnet (09/28/90)

mac 512k
2 400k drives
1 imagwrite printer
a few complete original software packages
$700 plus s&h
interested please email
bye

also if u want some cool softweare I wrote myself drop me a line ill kermit
it to you

marks@ahmeek.cps.msu.EDU (Dave Marks {PRIP mgr}) (10/24/90)

Our lab has just acquired two Mac IIfx's and we find ourselves suddenly
in need for a gif to tiff converter and/or a gif viewer.  Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

advThanksance!

-Dave Marks

ted@cs.utexas.edu (Ted Woodward) (10/25/90)

In article <1990Oct24.152303.27851@msuinfo.cl.msu.edu> marks@ahmeek.cps.msu.EDU (Dave Marks {PRIP mgr}) writes:
>Our lab has just acquired two Mac IIfx's and we find ourselves suddenly
>in need for a gif to tiff converter and/or a gif viewer.  Any help would
>be greatly appreciated.

>advThanksance!

>-Dave Marks

I suggest you get either (or all) Giffer, GifConverter, or VisionLab.
All, I believe are available from sumex, and probably at least one does
tiff conversions.  All work fine as GIF viewers.

--
Ted Woodward (ted@cs.utexas.edu)

Greetings, Royal Ugly Dudes!

Mike.Burton@f555.n161.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Mike Burton) (11/04/90)

I strongly recommend Giffer for the mac.  It can view pict,  Giff,  as well
as other formats.  I'm not sure about tiff,  though.

--
Mike Burton - via FidoNet node 1:125/777
    UUCP: ...!uunet!hoptoad!fidogate!161!555!Mike.Burton

rafiq@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Salik "slick" Rafiq) (03/07/91)

I'm looking for a good PD stats package for the mac. are
there any?

reply by email, I DON'T read this newsgroup.

Thanks
Salik.
--
Salik Rafiq                      internet:      rafiq@ccu.UManitoba.CA
Department of Computer Science	                rafiq@gold.cs.UManitoba.CA

ringo@athena.mit.edu (John L. Kimble) (05/12/91)

Hi there,

Being fairly ignorant about the topic, I'm seeking info about the following.

How much can a Mac512k be expanded to run "current" software (e.g. the
latest versions of Word, WP, Excel, etc.)?  Is there anything in
particular which cannot be run?

What are the upper limits on RAM expansion, Hard Drive expansion
(internal or not), and what are the average market prices for these
things (1M RAM, hard drives).

Any & all responses are GREATLY appreciated.
The term is ending fast...   Decisions, decisions...

Thanks much!					John K. '91