[comp.sys.mac.wanted] Debuggers

jtn@potomac.ads.com (John T. Nelson) (05/13/91)

I'm looking for a sophsitcated debugger (preferably source code
debugger) and am currently considering two candidates: Jasik's
debugger and Mac Nosy (I assume these are two seperate things) and
TMON Pro.  From what I can gather the Jasik debugger is really good
and does source code debugging while TMON is very good at a low level
but does not do source code debugging.

Also the Jasik debugger is NOT cheap.  $300!  So tell me folks, are
there any other debuggers I should be looking into and are there any
features of the above that make one hands-down better than the other
(the sourcecode issue)?

sjhg9320@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Maximum Slackness ) (05/13/91)

Jasik's product does most everything TMON Pro does, and more.
It's probably the best Software-Based monitor you can buy, not
considering cost.

If cost is a consideration, MacsBug probably offers the most
bang for the buck.

jeremyr@cs.qmw.ac.uk (Jeremy Roussak) (05/14/91)

In <1991May13.153014.22562@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> sjhg9320@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Maximum Slackness ) writes:

>Jasik's product does most everything TMON Pro does, and more.
>It's probably the best Software-Based monitor you can buy, not
>considering cost.

I see from last month's BYTE that there's a new version of
Jasik's debugger.  How does this compare with TMON Pro, etc?

Jeremy Roussak