[comp.sys.mac.wanted] Screen savers for System 7?

philip@pescadero.Stanford.EDU (Philip Machanick) (05/17/91)

I'd be interested in recommendations for screen savers for
System 7. (The one that came with my Mirror screen doesn't
work).
--
Philip Machanick
philip@pescadero.stanford.edu

hairston@henry.ece.cmu.edu (David Hairston) (05/17/91)

[philip@pescadero.stanford.edu writes:]
[] I'd be interested in recommendations for screen savers for
[] System 7. (The one that came with my Mirror screen doesn't work).

in a few weeks there will be a new extensible screensaver
(with a twist) written expressly for system 7.0 (but which
will also work on system 6.0.x with MultiFinder).  it is
very cooperative and, so far as i can tell, completely
compatible.  the beta that i have is called myScreenSaver.
sorry i can't distribute it, yet ...

  -dave-
hairston@henry.ece.cmu.edu

jason@cs.utexas.edu (Jason Martin Levitt) (05/18/91)

In article <13091@pt.cs.cmu.edu>, hairston@henry.ece.cmu.edu (David Hairston) writes:
> [philip@pescadero.stanford.edu writes:]
> [] I'd be interested in recommendations for screen savers for
> [] System 7. (The one that came with my Mirror screen doesn't work).
>
> in a few weeks there will be a new extensible screensaver
> (with a twist) written expressly for system 7.0 (but which
> will also work on system 6.0.x with MultiFinder).  it is
> very cooperative and, so far as i can tell, completely
> compatible.  the beta that i have is called myScreenSaver.
> sorry i can't distribute it, yet ...

   I would use Darkside, a public domain screen saver written by
dowdy@apple.com. It's pretty nifty. A version was posted to
comp.sys.mac.binaries but a newer, better version which works well
under system 7 exists, but dowdy has not had time to distribute it.
I don't even have a copy but I am quite satisfied with the earlier
version [under System 6.0.5] which I've never had conflicts with unlike
Pyro and AfterDark.
[whisper: maybe if enough people pester dowdy@apple.com, he'll get
 around to distributing it. :>   ].

     ---Jason   jason@cs.utexas.edu
-----
   Jason Martin Levitt                          email: jason@cs.utexas.edu
  "Since there are virtually no rules, the catalog of information includes
   voluminous pornography, along with advice on recreational drugs,
   satanism, paganism, and sex slaves."
   --the Houston Chronicle describing the "internet" to its readers.
                                            Sunday, June 10th, 1990