[comp.sys.mac.wanted] Mac Plus for sale

gaynor@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Jim Gaynor) (10/24/90)

In article <9467@ucrmath.ucr.edu> xfgi8b@ucrmath.ucr.edu (james colton) writes:

>MAC PLUS #1-
>...and more than $2500 worth of software.
>
>MAC PLUS #2-
>...and another $2500 worth of software.
>
>THE MAC 512KE-
>...and the same $2500 worth of software.

	Hmmmm... <ponder>

	I don't mean to imply bad things, but I would assume that, in
reference to each set of $2500 worth of software mentioned with each
of your Macintoshes, there is included full, original documentation,
registration information, etc.

	To be horribly blunt, you aren't selling 3 copies of one $2500
set of software, are you?

| Jim Gaynor - The Ohio State Univ. - IRCC - Facilities Mgmt. - OCES  <whew!> |
| Email [gaynor@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu], [gaynor@agvax2.ag.ohio-state.edu] |
|_  "Don't tell me truth hurts, little girl; because it hurts like hell..."  _|

phaedrus@milton.u.washington.edu (Mark Phaedrus) (10/25/90)

In article <9505@ucrmath.ucr.edu> xfgi8b@ucrmath.ucr.edu (james colton) writes:
>In article <6063@nisca.ircc.ohio-state.edu> gaynor@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Jim Gaynor) writes:
>>	To be horribly blunt, you aren't selling 3 copies of one $2500
>>set of software, are you?
>
>Absolutely not! The software that is being included (without giving a full
>description) is very useful but somewhat outdated. If the user would like
>it included on the drives I don't think the manufacturer or programmer
>would have a problem with that - because the software has been updated.
     I don't follow that logic at all.  To me, it would be like saying that
it's okay for me to email you a copy of Microsoft Word 3.x, or even 4.00,
because they've come out with 4.00c since then.  I don't see the connection
between age and loss of copyright.
     If it were a matter of sending newer versions to someone who had already
bought and paid for older versions of the software, then it could be argued
at least to some extent that it was all right to do it.  But to send
commercial, copyrighted software, however old, to multiple people, or to
send it to a single person while keeping a copy (even of a different version)
for yourself, is just plain illegal and just plain wrong.  Making it part of
the terms of a sale makes it even more so.

--
Internet: phaedrus@u.washington.edu        (University of Washington, Seattle)
  The views expressed here are not those of this station or its management.

rrgill@shine7.uwaterloo.ca (CO350F Course - RR Gill) (10/31/90)

The title says it all...
Its's in mint condition; I'm selling it to get a Mac II.  Loads of public
domain software included (including a Ram disk program which saves you from
needing a hard drive or another floppy drive).

Make me an offer

Rich.

soudan@iitmax.IIT.EDU (Bassel Soudan) (11/18/90)

	I have a Mac PLus that I would like to sell. The system is about
2 years old and is in perfect condition. How is that possible, I took very
good care of it and it is my home computer.

	Here is a full description of the system:

	- Mac plus (1 Meg of RAM.)
	- 45MByte external Jasmine drive
	- Carying bag for the system (used exactly two times.)

	I have all the manuals, boxes, and even the plastic bags that they
came in. The system have never been to the dealer, and it has never given
me any problems.

	I think that for a system like this a price of $1050 would be fair. If
you are interested please e-mail me at the address given below. Even if you
think that the price is too high, e-mail me and make an offer.

				Sincerely yours,

				Bassel Soudan
				soudan@iitmax.iit.edu

ayeh@sdcc13.ucsd.edu ({{{= Achilles =}}}) (03/13/91)

Mac plus for sale.  With 1 meg mac plus, Apple 800k external drive,
orgininal softwares(over $300 dollars value),modem cable($20 in
value).  All for only $700.
Call (619)587-6704 or email.
-Albert    ayeh@sdcc13.ucsd.edu

Mike.Pruett@f13.n396.z1.edgar.mn.org (Mike Pruett) (03/15/91)

        I've got a Mac Plus in great condition with an external 800k
---

alance@papillon.ucsd.edu (Lance Al-Rawi) (05/22/91)

Macintosh Plus, Platinum (i.e. newer model) 1 year old,
in perfect condition just like new.  Software Included.
$525.00 Reply by email if interested: lalrawi@ucsd.edu
(or by phone if necessary: 534-5426)