[comp.sys.mac.wanted] Encrypted XManager won't unstuff with Stuffit Classic

knapp@cs.utexas.edu (Edgar Knapp) (05/23/91)

Could someone owning Stufit Deluxe please resubmit the Extensions
Manager system extension (formerly INIT) to sumex unencrypted, so that
those of us without DES capabilities may enjoy using it, too?

Thanks,

Edgar

(knapp@cs.utexas.edu)

changm@cs.umn.edu (Ming-Tsung Darda Chang) (05/23/91)

In article <1481@coltexo.cs.utexas.edu> knapp@cs.utexas.edu (Edgar Knapp) writes:
>Could someone owning Stufit Deluxe please resubmit the Extensions
>Manager system extension (formerly INIT) to sumex unencrypted, so that
>those of us without DES capabilities may enjoy using it, too?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Edgar
>
>(knapp@cs.utexas.edu)
Use StuffIt 1.5.1 other than StuffIt Classic.  It works for me, though.

Darda
= Mr. Ming-Tsung Darda Chang                                           =
=----------------------------------------------------------------------=
= Computer Science Department              Internet: changm@cs.umn.edu =

bach@brahms.udel.edu (Baskaran Subramaniam) (05/23/91)

In article <1481@coltexo.cs.utexas.edu> knapp@cs.utexas.edu (Edgar Knapp) writes:
>Could someone owning Stufit Deluxe please resubmit the Extensions
>Manager system extension (formerly INIT) to sumex unencrypted, so that
>those of us without DES capabilities may enjoy using it, too?

>Thanks,

>Edgar

Stuffit 1.5.1 can do the job for you.  If you don't have a copy, you may
download from sumex archive.

Baskaran
(bach@brahms.udel.edu)

oleary@ux.acs.umn.edu (Doc O'Leary) (05/24/91)

In article <21623@brahms.udel.edu> bach@brahms.udel.edu (Baskaran Subramaniam) writes:
>In article <1481@coltexo.cs.utexas.edu> knapp@cs.utexas.edu (Edgar Knapp) writes:
>>Could someone owning Stufit Deluxe please resubmit the Extensions
>>Manager system extension (formerly INIT) to sumex unencrypted, so that
>>those of us without DES capabilities may enjoy using it, too?
>
>Stuffit 1.5.1 can do the job for you.  If you don't have a copy, you may
>download from sumex archive.

This is a bit wasteful for most.  Available at mac.archive under
mac/utilities/encryptors is des.hqx, which is much smaller and should do the
job.  I didn't get a chance to try it, though, because I also got a
"Permission Denied" when trying to get Extensions Manager from sumex.

*                                     |   OK, one last time . . . This is   *
* "Was it love, or was it the idea    |   an egg . . . This is an egg in a  *
*  of being in love?" -- PF           |   frying pan . . . Any questions?   *
*    (BTW, which one *is* Pink?)      |                                     *
*                                     |   --->oleary@ux.acs.umn.edu<---     *
******************   Copyright (c) 1991 by Doc O'Leary   ********************