[comp.sys.mac.wanted] Editor vi

mattes@sun1.ruf.uni-freiburg.de (Frank Mattes) (05/28/91)

Hallo Mac User,

I'am seeking  for a vi clone. Does anybody know a ftp site,
from whitch I can download such a vi clone. For some weeks ago,
I read about "elvis", a vi clone for the Macintosh, but I forgot
the ftp site.

Thanks for your help.

Frank Mattes                            e-mail:mattes@ruf.uni-freiburg.dbp.de
Steinhalde 48
7800 Freiburg / Germany

pejacoby@mmm.serc.3m.com (Paul E. Jacoby) (05/29/91)

In article <1991May28.063247.29310@sun1.ruf.uni-freiburg.de> mattes@sun1.ruf.uni-freiburg.de (Frank Mattes) writes:
>Hallo Mac User,
>
>I'am seeking  for a vi clone. Does anybody know a ftp site,
>from whitch I can download such a vi clone. For some weeks ago,
>
>Frank Mattes                            e-mail:mattes@ruf.uni-freiburg.dbp.de

Frank, you could also look for 'steVIe', which is a respectable
implementation of vi.  I don't recall the last version I have, but I'm
sure it's on sumex in one form or another.

--
| Paul E. Jacoby, 3M Company, 3M Center, 235-3F-27                   |