[comp.sys.mac.wanted] MAC II FOR SALE

ls1i+@andrew.cmu.edu (Leonard John Schultz) (08/08/90)

Well, it is time to upgrade my reliable Mac II.  I need a unix machine.
Welcome to the real world, as ugly as the interface is.

This Mac is completely ready for System 7.0  I'm willing to sell in
pieces as well as a whole unit

MacII, PMMU, 5 Mb RAM, keyboard, mouse --- $3000
100 Mb Rodime --- $550

Or ... everything above and 8-bit color video card, 13" Apple color
monitor --- $4000

Len Schultz
Carnegie Mellon University

austing@Apple.COM (Glenn L. Austin) (08/09/90)

ls1i+@andrew.cmu.edu (Leonard John Schultz) writes:
>Well, it is time to upgrade my reliable Mac II.  I need a unix machine.
>Welcome to the real world, as ugly as the interface is.

>This Mac is completely ready for System 7.0  I'm willing to sell in
>pieces as well as a whole unit

>MacII, PMMU, 5 Mb RAM, keyboard, mouse --- $3000
>100 Mb Rodime --- $550

>Or ... everything above and 8-bit color video card, 13" Apple color
>monitor --- $4000

Why don't you get A/UX?  It runs on the equipment you have...

| Glenn L. Austin               | "Turn too soon, run out of room,          |
| Auto Racing Enthusiast and    |   Turn too late, much better fate"        |
| Communications Toolbox Hacker |   - Jim Russell Racing School Instructors |
| Apple Computer, Inc.          | "Drive slower, race faster" - D. Waltrip  |
| Internet:   austing@apple.com |-------------------------------------------|
| AppleLink:  AUSTIN.GLENN      | All opinions stated above are mine --     |
| Bellnet:    (408) 974-0876    |                who else would want them?  |

jsurine@entec.Wichita.NCR.COM (James Surine) (08/10/90)

In article <Qak3AmO00WBM415a55@andrew.cmu.edu> ls1i+@andrew.cmu.edu (Leonard John Schultz) writes:
>Well, it is time to upgrade my reliable Mac II.  I need a unix machine.
>Welcome to the real world, as ugly as the interface is.
> --- $4000
>
>Carnegie Mellon University

I bought my Mac IIci with 5 meg RAM 100 meg HD for less than this from
the University of Minnesota. Geez what people will ask.
I agree with the other guy buy AU/X unless you do not like macs :-(
--
+=+ +=+ +=+ +=+ +=+ +=+ +=+ +=+ +=+ +=+ +=+ +=+ +=+ +=+ +=+ +=+ +=+ +=+ +=+ +=+
 j.surine@Wichita.NCR.COM (Jim Surine)               /\/\/\/\/\

ftdkl@acad3.fai.alaska.edu (LaSota Daniel K) (11/05/90)

Hello, I am posting this for a friend.
He is an Apple Developer who is upgrading his system he wants to sell
the following for $3800:

Mac II CPU
80 MB Quantum Internal
PMMU Chip (For Virtual Memory)
Virtual Software
13" RGB
Apple High Res Card to Drive the above monitor to 256 colors/greys
Extended Keyboard (Apple)
tons of registered software (literally)

You can reach him at his home in North Pole Alaska
Answer machine phone:
(907) 488-4537

Dan LaSota
ftdkl@acad3.fai.alaska.edu

gerson@parc.xerox.com (Dan Gerson) (11/13/90)

I'm selling a MacII for $3000 or best offer.  The configuration consists of:

	MacII (with a brand-new motherboard since I upgraded it to get new ROMs)
	8MB of RAM
	40MB Apple (Quantum) internal drive
	Apple HiRes 13" color monitor
	Apple 256-color (8-bit) video board
	a brand-new Apple internal 800K floppy disk drive
	Apple extended keyboard
	Apple mouse
	a selection of system software and shareware (I'm running 6.0.5 with
	  Hypercard 1.2.7 but have lots of different configurations).
	original manuals and box.

Without the monitor (but with the video board and everything else), I'll sell
it for $2600 or best offer.

in my signature.
--

Dan Gerson					gerson@parc.xerox.com
Xerox Palo Alto Research Center			415-494-4745

ls1i+@andrew.cmu.edu (Leonard John Schultz) (03/30/91)

Macintosh II,
PMMU,
100MB internal 3.5" hard drive,
5MB RAM,
extended keyboard,
8-bit color video,
14" Apple RGB monitor,
mouse, MicroSpeed trackball.
Tons of software (what do you need?).  You can even have 7.0b4 installed
on it if you'd like.  If you have any question or offers, send email.

Offers starting at $2900.

Len Schultz
Carnegie Mellon University
Box 4392
5125 Margaret Morrison St.
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
(412)268-4382

tgoose@eng.umd.edu (Jason Garms) (04/05/91)

Mac II with upgraded ROM for FDHD Drives (although it doesn't have one installed)
60 meg CMS internal Hard drive
800k floppy
8MB RAM
extended keyboard
8-bit video card
Apple 12" black&white grayscale monitor
Kensington TurboMouse

$2100 or best offer.  I will sell it with or
without the monitor.  Send me EMAIL for more information

Jason Garms
tgoose@eng.umd.edu

ls1i+@andrew.cmu.edu (Leonard John Schultz) (04/20/91)

Macintosh II,
PMMU,
100MB internal 3.5" hard drive,
5MB RAM,
extended keyboard,
8-bit color video,
14" Apple RGB monitor,
mouse, MicroSpeed trackball.
Tons of software

Let's get the offers flowing.

Len Schultz
Carnegie Mellon University
Box 4392
5125 Margaret Morrison St.
Pittsburgh, PA 15213

ls1i+@andrew.cmu.edu (Leonard John Schultz) (04/20/91)

Macintosh II,
PMMU,
100MB internal 3.5" hard drive,
5MB RAM,
extended keyboard,
8-bit color video,
14" Apple RGB monitor,
mouse, MicroSpeed trackball.
Tons of software

Let's get the offers flowing.

Len Schultz
Carnegie Mellon University
Box 4392
5125 Margaret Morrison St.
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
(412)268-4382

Mike.Pruett@f13.n396.z1.fidonet.org (Mike Pruett) (04/25/91)

        Would you be willing to part with the hard drive? I need
one badly. Ju

cavalier@alchemy.tcnet.ithaca.ny.us (Scott Mandell) (05/20/91)

POSTING FOR SOMEONE ELSE!!!!!!

FOR SALE:

*Macintosh II*    (Math Coprocessor installed)
*2megs RAM *
*80meg  Quantum Hard Drive*
*800k floppy*
*8 bit Apple color card*
*Extended keyboard*
*mouse*

$2400 or offer

***DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS ACCOUNT***

Call (216) 991-5209

-[ Scott E. Mandell ]-------------------------------------------------
-[ (607) 256 - 4217 ]-- Voice 9AM - 11PM 7 Days/Week -----------------
-[ (607) 256 - 0200 ]-- BBS 24 Hrs 300->14.4k V.32/V.32bis/HST -------
-[ Ithaca, New York ]-- COMsultants (tm) -----------------------------
-[------------------]-------------------------------------------------

Curt.Fuller@p911.f421.n109.z1.FidoNet.Org (Curt Fuller) (06/08/91)

  1>                            FOR SALE:
  2>    Macintosh II with following:
  3>      256 color extended graphics
  4>      2 MB RAM
  5>      80 MB Hard Drive
  6>      A/UX (UNIX) Operating System and/or
  7>        MAC/OS 6.0.5 (UNIX is removable, but not restorable
  8>                      once removed)
  9>      Sony 13" color trinitron monitor
 10>      Apple 12" B/W monitor
 11>      Sound Digitizer with software, plus other games,
 12>        business and programming software.
 13>      Have all cables and manuals.
 14>    Price : $4500 or best offer
 15>        Home : 703-818-1850
 16>        If interested, call and ask for Curt, or leave a message
 17>            if I'm not home.
 18>    Thrills, Chills, loads of zany, wacky fun for THE WHOLE
FAMILY!!!
 19>       (Sorry, too much TV.)
    If you think the price is unreasonable, make me an offer and we'll
    talk.
 20>                    Thanks,
 21>                            Curt Fuller.
 22>

 * Origin: The Clone: Macintosh Things - 301-946-8677 (1:109/421.911)