[comp.sys.mac.wanted] Postscript printer driver?

beacker@mips.com (Bradley Eacker) (06/11/91)

     I recently purchased a Laserjet IIP, added in a Postscript
card (Jetpage) and 2 Meg of memory and now would like to print
from a Mac Plus to this little beast.

     I have talked to the folks at ComputerWare here in Sunnyvale
and the only driver that they said would suit my needs was MacPrint
for a cost of $125.  I was wondering if there are any PD/shareware
drivers in existence that would allow me to talk to this serial
postscript printer.

         Thanks in advance,
               Brad Eacker (beacker@mips.com)

starta@tosh.UUCP (John Starta) (06/12/91)

beacker@mips.com (Bradley Eacker) writes:

>      I recently purchased a Laserjet IIP, added in a Postscript
> card (Jetpage) and 2 Meg of memory and now would like to print
> from a Mac Plus to this little beast.
>
>      I have talked to the folks at ComputerWare here in Sunnyvale
> and the only driver that they said would suit my needs was MacPrint
> for a cost of $125.  I was wondering if there are any PD/shareware
> drivers in existence that would allow me to talk to this serial
> postscript printer.

Other than the serial LaserWriter driver from Apple (which you might try),
MacPrint is the only alternative that I know of.

John

--
John A. Starta        Internet: tosh!starta@asuvax.eas.asu.edu
Chief Technologist        UUCP: ...ncar!noao!asuvax!tosh!starta