[comp.sys.mac.wanted] WANTED: Screen/keyboard locking program

sxh@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (Ray Zimmerman) (06/14/91)

I am currently running System 7 on my Mac IIci and I like to
leave my machine running when I'm away so that I can access it
remotely and so others can use the my shared files.

Does anyone know where I can get a utility which locks the
screen/keyboard so others can't use it while I'm not around.
I once saw something called LockOUT which did the job, but I
can't remember where I can get it.  (Freeware or shareware preferred)

Thanks in advance,
 Ray Zimmerman                          | Electrical Engineering
 369 Engineering & Theory Center        |
 Cornell University, Ithaca, NY  14853  |    zman@ee.cornell.edu

pejacoby@mmm.serc.3m.com (Paul E. Jacoby) (06/17/91)

In article <1991Jun14.103451.5484@vax5.cit.cornell.edu> sxh@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (Ray Zimmerman) writes:
>Does anyone know where I can get a utility which locks the
>screen/keyboard so others can't use it while I'm not around.
>I once saw something called LockOUT which did the job, but I
>can't remember where I can get it.  (Freeware or shareware preferred)

 Ray,
    The latest version of the Moire screen saver (3.22) from John Lim
    includes the ability to lock your screen with a password.  When
    the screen saver is active, type Option-L.  You get a beep, then
    type your password and hit RETURN.  A beep is heard again; re-enter
    the password for verification. Two beeps are heard.  Your screen is
    now locked.

    Until you type the password again, keyboard input
    beeps, and the screen saver stays on.

    Moire is $10 shareware.
--
| Paul E. Jacoby, 3M Company, 3M Center, 235-3F-27                   |