[comp.sys.mac.wanted] Mouse microswitch source wanted

huff@mcclb0.med.nyu.edu (Edward J. Huff) (06/17/91)

Does anyone know of a source for the microswitch Apple uses in the mouse?
I have a dead mouse (replaced by an optical mouse) which I would like
to repair.  I know for certain that the microswitch is broken:  I took
it apart, and saw that the metal part had broken.  All repair quotes I
received (before buying a new mouse) were for about the price of the mouse.

pophal@nicmad.UUCP (Gerry Pophal) (06/21/91)

In article <1991Jun17.073440.1@mcclb0.med.nyu.edu> huff@mcclb0.med.nyu.edu (Edward J. Huff) writes:
>Does anyone know of a source for the microswitch Apple uses in the mouse?
>I have a dead mouse (replaced by an optical mouse) which I would like
>to repair.  I know for certain that the microswitch is broken:  I took
>it apart, and saw that the metal part had broken.  All repair quotes I
>received (before buying a new mouse) were for about the price of the mouse.

 My ADB mouse uses a Omron DF2 switch. It is available from;
Allied Electronics
(800) 433-5700
(817) 336-5401
Allied part #829-4001 costs $1.10 but they have a $25 minimium billing.

--
UUCP:harvard-\         att--\          | Sysop Mad Mac BBS(608)221-3841
   ucbvax!uwvax!astroatc!nicmad!pophal | Gerry Pophal(608)271-3333ext2091

straka@cbnewsc.att.com (richard.j.straka) (06/21/91)

In article <4010@nicmad.UUCP> pophal@nicmad.UUCP (Gerry Pophal) writes:
>In article <1991Jun17.073440.1@mcclb0.med.nyu.edu> huff@mcclb0.med.nyu.edu (Edward J. Huff) writes:
>>Does anyone know of a source for the microswitch Apple uses in the mouse?
> My ADB mouse uses a Omron DF2 switch. It is available from;
>Allied Electronics
>Allied part #829-4001 costs $1.10 but they have a $25 minimium billing.

I remember seeing notes on the net (a few years ago) that the OLD (pre-ADB)
mouse microswitch could be replaced by a part available at *Radio Shack*! for
only a few dollars.
--
Richard Straka  AT&T Bell Laboratories, IH-6K311
UUCP:     att!ihlpf!straka       INTERNET: richard.straka@att.com

feinberg@acsu.buffalo.edu (john a feinberg) (06/21/91)

I recall seeing in a Mac book somewhere in NYC that the microswitch is avail-
able at Radio Shack.  It can be either part number 275-015 or 275-016.  Even if
it won't work on your mouse, it's worth a try; it can't cost much more than a
dollar.

John Feinberg
SUNY Buffalo