[comp.sys.mac.wanted] Macintosh SE/30 for sale

mrx@dhw68k.cts.com (Mark Murphy) (11/01/90)

******** FOR SALE ********

Macintosh SE/30
8MB RAM
210MB Hard Drive
Extended Keyboard, Mouse

**************************

Asking $4195...
Also, can get a 1 year warranty added for small amount extra...

Call 714-727-4484 xt202 Day
     714-491-8110       Evening
Or   Send mail....

--
mark				mrx@dhw68k.cts.com

jwagner@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu (Joseph Wagner) (06/21/91)

FOR SALE:
  Macintosh SE/30
  5mb internal RAM memory
  1 FDHD 1.44mb internal floppy drive
  Extended keyboard

$2500 obo.

This is posted for a friend.  Please send all questions, replies, etc. to
the following address.
	bollwitt@odie.weeg.uiowa.edu

Thanks.

Joe

| Joseph Wagner			   |  Women, can't live with them,        |
| jwagner@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu     |  Pass the beer nuts - Norm Peterson  |

cyf37941@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Tron) (06/21/91)

jwagner@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu (Joseph Wagner) writes:

>FOR SALE:
>  Macintosh SE/30
>  5mb internal RAM memory
>  1 FDHD 1.44mb internal floppy drive
>  Extended keyboard

>$2500 obo.

>This is posted for a friend.  Please send all questions, replies, etc. to
>the following address.
>	bollwitt@odie.weeg.uiowa.edu

>Thanks.

>Joe

>--
>| Joseph Wagner			   |  Women, can't live with them,        |
>| jwagner@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu     |  Pass the beer nuts - Norm Peterson  |
Joe, you are asking $2500 when it's not even an original antique?!

dsiebert@icaen.uiowa.edu (Doug Siebert) (06/21/91)

In article <6585@ns-mx.uiowa.edu> jwagner@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu (Joseph Wagner) writes:
>FOR SALE:
>  Macintosh SE/30
>  5mb internal RAM memory
>  1 FDHD 1.44mb internal floppy drive
>  Extended keyboard
>
>$2500 obo.
>
>This is posted for a friend.  Please send all questions, replies, etc. to
>the following address.
>	bollwitt@odie.weeg.uiowa.edu

Well checking the *February* price list for the University of Iowa, I see you
can get a NEW SE/30 for $1765.  Add $160 for another 4M and $150 for the
keyboard and you are still coming in for well over $400 less than your friend
offers for a used SE/30 of unknown age.  But I suppose your friend could be
looking for a certain type of individual; after all, another one is born every
minute. :-)
--
|-----------------------------|-----------------------------------------------|
| Doug Siebert                | "All opinions expressed herein are obviously  |

nick@cs.ed.ac.uk (Nick Rothwell) (06/21/91)

In article <6590@ns-mx.uiowa.edu>, dsiebert@icaen.uiowa.edu (Doug Siebert) writes:
> Well checking the *February* price list for the University of Iowa, I see you
> can get a NEW SE/30 for $1765.

I can? How?

> But I suppose your friend could be
> looking for a certain type of individual;

...such as somebody not at Iowa perhaps?

(here, we're paying around $3000 for SE/30's, educational discount.)

		Nick.

--
Nick Rothwell,	Laboratory for Foundations of Computer Science, Edinburgh.
                nick@lfcs.ed.ac.uk    <Atlantic Ocean>!mcsun!ukc!lfcs!nick

draphsor@medisg.Stanford.EDU (Matt "Rollie" Rollefson) (06/22/91)

dsiebert@icaen.uiowa.edu (Doug Siebert) writes:

>Well checking the *February* price list for the University of Iowa, I see you
>can get a NEW SE/30 for $1765.  Add $160 for another 4M and $150 for the
>keyboard and you are still coming in for well over $400 less than your friend
>offers for a used SE/30 of unknown age.  But I suppose your friend could be
>looking for a certain type of individual; after all, another one is born every
>minute. :-)

Not everyone has access to university pricing, remember.

--
Draphsor vo'drun-Aelf                   draphsor@medisg.stanford.edu