Newsgroups: comp.sources.mac,comp.sys.mac.wanted,comp.sys.mac.misc
Subject: BinHex 4.0 needed !!
Expires:
All that very interesting looking software for the Mac, e.g. in
comp.binaries.mac, must be converted with an interesting tool with the name
BinHex 4.0. Alas, I do not have this fine piece of software, so I can only
stare at the descriptions and dream.
If only someone could help me and post this tool either in news or via E-mail
directly to me, you would make me very happy (Of course, BinHex 4.0 itself
must not be in BinHex 4.0 format, but in 'uudecode' format to make it useable
for me)

--
 John Starrenburg                       |  E-Mail : john.via@nixpbe.uucp
 Siemens Nixdorf Informatiesystemen BV  |  NERV   : john.via

krazykid@bu-pub.bu.edu (Ernest Kim) (06/22/91)

In article <676362087.32@egsgate.FidoNet.Org>, John.Starrenburg@f98.n250.z1.FidoNet.Org (John Starrenburg) writes:
|> All that very interesting looking software for the Mac, e.g. in
|> comp.binaries.mac, must be converted with an interesting tool with the name
|> BinHex 4.0. Alas, I do not have this fine piece of software, so I can only
|> stare at the descriptions and dream.
|> If only someone could help me and post this tool either in news or via E-mail
|> directly to me, you would make me very happy (Of course, BinHex 4.0 itself
|> must not be in BinHex 4.0 format, but in 'uudecode' format to make it useable
|> for me)

You can decode BinHex files with Stuffit 1.5.1  I think that there are other files which will decode BinHex, Compartor (??) and such files

Ernie
krazykid@bucsf.bu.edu

truc4000@w203zrz.zrz.tu-berlin.de (Marek Truchan) (06/22/91)

In article <84353@bu.edu>, krazykid@bu-pub.bu.edu (Ernest Kim) writes:

|> You can decode BinHex files with Stuffit 1.5.1  I think that there are other files which will decode BinHex, Compartor (??) and such files
|>
|> Ernie
|> krazykid@bucsf.bu.edu
And if you have either BinHex nor Stuffit ?

I have my mac(LC)  since just one week and I have only system(6) and a lot of
questions .

So, please mail me anythig more about .bin, .hqx, .sit etc.

Thanks in advance.
(sorry for my english)

Please E-mail to:   truchan@zrz.tu-berlin.de