[comp.sys.mac.apps] New Version of FullWrite Professional?

m_herodotus@coors.dec.com (Mario Herodotus - Digital Customer Support Center (800) 525-6570) (05/04/90)

In article <STIBER.90May1203207@maui.cs.ucla.edu>, stiber@cs.ucla.edu (Michael D Stiber) writes...
>Rumor has it that a new version of this program will be coming out
>"real soon".  Is there any truth to this rumor?  Any word on the
>features?  Does it make financial sense to wait for it, or has the
>upgrade policy of its maker been enlightened in the past?
>--
>			    Michael Stiber

It's not a rumor, I got a letter from Ashton Tate that said an upgrade to 2.0
was in the works.  They did not say when it would be available, but they did
say I would be mailed a copy.  They said nothing about paying for the upgrade.
You can get FullWrite now for $49 at MACwharehouse.  I think financially it's
a great investment...even if the upgrade costs you some money.  FullWrite is
worth it!

Mario

      I can't afford my own opinions, and DEC won't pay for them either.
Mario Herodotus   [ CX03 1/K4 ]   |        m_herodotus@coors.dec.com
Digital Equipment Corporation     |
Customer Support Center           | - or - m_herodotus%coors.dec@decwrl.dec.com
305 Rockrimmon Blvd.              |
Colorado Springs, CO 80919        | - or - ...!decwrl!coors.dec.com!m_herodotus
(800) 525-6570  Ext 25520         |
[direct line (719) 592-5520]      |

stiber@cs.ucla.edu (Michael D Stiber) (05/04/90)

In article <1591@mountn.dec.com> m_herodotus@coors.dec.com (Mario Herodotus) writes:
>It's not a rumor, I got a letter from Ashton Tate that said an upgrade to 2.0
>was in the works.  They did not say when it would be available, but they did
>say I would be mailed a copy.They said nothing about paying for the upgrade.
>You can get FullWrite now for $49 at MACwharehouse.  I think financially it's
>a great investment...even if the upgrade costs you some money.  FullWrite is
>worth it!

Did they say what would be in 2.0?  Perhaps a real citation facility
from bibtex files?  That would be the answer to my prayers (its sad,
the kind of prayers a CS grad student has :-)).
--
			    Michael Stiber
   stiber@cs.ucla.edu                  UCLA Computer Science Dept.