[comp.sys.mac.apps] Stange Suitcase

howard@lysator.liu.se (M V Howard) (05/22/90)

I run Suitcase II on a MAC SE. The other day I loaded all the DA's I could
find on my HDs, using the "don't start 'em all up on next boot, only the
ones used last time" option. Somewhere during flipping through all of them
the machine crashed and now I can't get Suitcase to start. It is specified in
Init, the program is in the system folder on the boot volume, the DA's are
in the correct folder as are the fonts. Nothing, no DA's no fonts. No icon
upon startup. Nothing. So, what to do ??

/MHd

--
Programming isn't a science,         | EMAIL: d89.m-howard@linus.ida.liu.se
it's an art.                         |        howard@elinor.lysator.liu.se

irwin@galton.uchicago.edu (Mark Irwin) (05/25/90)

In article <28@lysator.liu.se> howard@lysator.liu.se (M V Howard) writes:

>I run Suitcase II on a MAC SE. The other day I loaded all the DA's I could
>find on my HDs, using the "don't start 'em all up on next boot, only the
>ones used last time" option. Somewhere during flipping through all of them
>the machine crashed and now I can't get Suitcase to start. It is specified in
>Init, the program is in the system folder on the boot volume, the DA's are
>in the correct folder as are the fonts. Nothing, no DA's no fonts. No icon
>upon startup. Nothing. So, what to do ??
>
>/MHd
>
>--
>Programming isn't a science,         | EMAIL: d89.m-howard@linus.ida.liu.se
>it's an art.                         |        howard@elinor.lysator.liu.se
>Why is it called common sense,       |        howard@lage.lysator.liu.se
>when so few possess it ?             |        Martin_Howard.d89.lith@xns.liu.se

I think you're going to have to replace Suitcase II in your system
folder with a new copy.  You will then have to reopen all your fonts and
da's again to get your system set up the way you want it.  Don't try
fiddling with the version already in the system folder, I suspect its a
lost cause.

Mark Irwin