[comp.sys.mac.apps] MacDraw II- File not found

ce1zzes@prism.gatech.EDU (Eric Sheppard) (06/14/90)

Very strange error is happening on our stock Mac II.  I cannot make updates
to a drawing that I generate using Mac Draw II.  Whenever I make a change
and hit <S>ave, it beeps at me and says "File not found."  I'm forced to
_Save As_, throw away the old file, and rename.  Can anyone tell me what has
happened to my MacDraw?

Eric

ndjc@hobbit.UUCP (Nick Crossley) (06/15/90)

In article <10465@hydra.gatech.EDU> ce1zzes@prism.gatech.EDU (Eric Sheppard) writes:
>Very strange error is happening on our stock Mac II.  I cannot make updates
>to a drawing that I generate using Mac Draw II.  Whenever I make a change
>and hit <S>ave, it beeps at me and says "File not found."  I'm forced to
>_Save As_, throw away the old file, and rename.  Can anyone tell me what has
>happened to my MacDraw?
>Eric

I also have this problem.  It is an incompatibility between Gatekeeper 1.1
and MacDraw II 1.0v4.  MacDraw II gets an error noted in Gatekeepers log file:

06/15/1990 11:47:51 Internal Error PBSetFInfo -43 junk MacDraw II J80

In fact, the save is completed successfully; you can just ignore
the error.  It is extremely annoying; fortunately, I do not use
MacDraw II very often.
--

<<< standard disclaimers >>>
Nick Crossley, ICL NA, 9801 Muirlands, Irvine, CA 92718-2521, USA 714-458-7282