[comp.sys.mac.apps] ResEdit Docs

ccocsme@prism.gatech.EDU (StatMan) (06/12/90)

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.apps
Subject: ResEdit docs
   I have just started playing around with ResEdit and I was wondering if
anyone out there had any good docs/hints/helps etc. I think it is a very
powerful tool and I am sure I could get a lot more out of it than just
redesigning icons and such.

Please E-mail to ccocsme@prism.gatech.edu

thanks in advance.
--
Marty Esterman
uucp:	  ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!ccocsme

ccocsme@prism.gatech.EDU (StatMan) (06/15/90)

Thanks to all those who sent me information and documentation on ResEdit. I
have had several requests to post a summary, so here it is.

The best piece of documentation I got was the HMG ResEdit Tutorial. It has a
lot of detailed info and plenty of good examples in it.

Another was some hypercard stacks available on sumex-aim/info-mac. I have not
had a chance to look at these yet.
Also, in the book Macintosh Programming Primer by Dave Mark and Cartwright
Reed has some good info on ResEdit and on Macs on general.

ResEdit and 'the official apple documentation' comes with the MPW C bundle.

If any one would like either the tutorial or the hypercard stacks, please
E-mail me at ccocsme@prism.gatech.edu. *** However, I will not have access
to usenet next week, so it might be a little delayed. ***

Thanks again to all those who replied to my request for the documentation.

-- Marty