[comp.sys.mac.apps] MS Word Printing Problem

gillies@p.cs.uiuc.edu (06/28/90)

/* Written 12:29 am  Jun 26, 1990 by frank@mnetor.UUCP in p.cs.uiuc.edu:comp.sys.mac.apps */
In article <2256.267f9477@csc.anu.oz> ndg503@csc.anu.oz writes:
>	The problem exists when the user wishes to print out this document
>to one of our LaserWriterNTxs. It prints to Page 10 and then produces the
>following message:
>		"Error: typecheck; offending command: mul"
>	This is followed by a statement to say that there is a Postscript
>error and also that the document is not affected. ...

This often happens when your postscript interpreter is out of memory
(the job is too complicated).  It happens all the time on our imagen
printers.  The imagen ultrascript software does not print more than 10
pages without bombing.

Do you have a consistent copy of the laserwriter / laserprep icons?  I
have also seen similar senseless errors (offending command: div) when
trying to print a system 6.0 postscript file, using system 5.2 (or
earlier) laserprep files.  Does the problem happen on *all* apple
laserprinters?  Then you can probably assume it's either
     (a) A bug in Adobe Postscript
     (b) A bug in Apple's laserprep header.