[comp.sys.mac.apps] NISUS Macro latency

jas@ISI.EDU (Jeff Sullivan) (07/06/90)

I'm having this problem with Nisus that may be a "feature."  Nisus
seems to lag a bit when you are typing real fast, etc.  It seems to
lag so that your typing doesn't get slowed.

My problem:

This also happens with macros.  I can invoke a macro and start
typing, and the macro has yet to "kick in."

The deal is this:  I want to write a macro that uses styles to set a
series of "titles" for my scriptwriting.  This requires something like
this:

If I hit Numeric pad 1:

<cr><---------------------------blank line
		FRED<-----------Insert the NAME style and type "FRED", then
				hit <return>
	<cursor><---------------Insert the DIALOG style
and wait for input.

I want to hit 1, then start typing, but if I do, I have to wait for
the macro to get around to entering all of the text, which may or may
not end up before the dialogf as needed.

Is there any way to tell Nisus to complete a macro before reading the
keybuffer or whatever this feature is doing?

jas

Jeffrey A. Sullivan		| Senior Systems Programmer
jas@venera.isi.edu		| Information Sciences Institute
jas@isi.edu   DELPHI: JSULLIVAN	| University of Southern California

jon@weber.ucsd.edu (Jon Matousek) (07/07/90)

In article <14200@venera.isi.edu> jas@ISI.EDU (Jeff Sullivan) writes:

>I'm having this problem with Nisus that may be a "feature."  Nisus
>seems to lag a bit when you are typing real fast, etc.  It seems to
>lag so that your typing doesn't get slowed.

Nisus version 3 key typing is noticeably faster.

>My problem:
>
>This also happens with macros.

><cr><---------------------------blank line
>		FRED<-----------Insert the NAME style and type "FRED", then
>Is there any way to tell Nisus to complete a macro before reading the
>keybuffer or whatever this feature is doing?

>Jeffrey A. Sullivan		| Senior Systems Programmer
>jas@venera.isi.edu		| Information Sciences Institute

In your macro, try replacing:
Key
Key FRED

with:
Paste "" '\rFRED'

Also, remember that paste can take args from the clipboard so if
clipboard #5 contains FRED, the following will also work:
Paste "" '\r\C5'

-jOn

%%
SoftwareEngineer: jOn mAtOUsEk;               jon@weber.ucsd.edu
%%
Paragon Concepts, Inc.
990 Highland Drive, #312
Solana Beach, Ca. 92075
(619)481-1477

baumgart@esquire.dpw.com (Steve Baumgarten) (07/09/90)

In article <2605@network.ucsd.edu>, jon@weber (Jon Matousek) writes:
>Nisus version 3 key typing is noticeably faster.

Any idea when v3.0 will be out?  I'm really looking forward to it.

--
   Steve Baumgarten             | "New York... when civilization falls apart,
   Davis Polk & Wardwell        |  remember, we were way ahead of you."