[comp.sys.mac.apps] question about MacX

planting@hobbes.cs.pitt.edu (Harry Plantinga) (07/11/90)

I have a question about Apple's MacX:

Does it come with MacTCP, or do I have to order that separately from
APDA?  If it doesn't come with MacTCP, what method of connecting with
X clients does it provide?

Thanks for any help.

-Harry Plantinga
planting@cs.pitt.edu

steve@uswmrg2.UUCP (Steve Martin) (07/12/90)

In article <8081@pitt.UUCP> planting@cs.pitt.edu (Harry Plantinga) writes:
>I have a question about Apple's MacX:
>
>Does it come with MacTCP, or do I have to order that separately from
>APDA?  If it doesn't come with MacTCP, what method of connecting with
>X clients does it provide?
>
>Thanks for any help.

Yes it does come with MacTCP, so you get everything you need to use it from
the Mac side.  However, there is one thing I am disturbed by, there seems
to be no way to upload/download files between the Mac and the Host (like
ftp using NCSA Telnet).  How can this be done?

--
Steve Martin                         | Nothing I say can be held against
U S West Marketing Resources Group   | Me or my employer!

wwb@sps.com (Bud Bach) (07/13/90)

In article <1990Jul11.200249.7978@uswmrg2.UUCP>, steve@uswmrg2.UUCP (Steve Martin) writes:
> the Mac side.  However, there is one thing I am disturbed by, there seems
> to be no way to upload/download files between the Mac and the Host (like
> ftp using NCSA Telnet).  How can this be done?

using NCSA Telnet of course ;-).  -- Bud

Bud Bach   					Voice:  +1 407 984-3370
Software Productivity Solutions, Inc.		FAX:    +1 407 728-3957
122 4th Avenue					email:  wwb@sps.com
Indialantic, FL  32903				or:     ...!uunet!sps!wwb