[comp.sys.mac.apps] ShortCut, from Aladdin Systems

Adam.Frix@p2.f200.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Adam Frix) (07/16/90)

Last night I posted a patch to allow ShortCut to work with Aladdin Systems's
own StuffIt Deluxe.  It involved searching the resource fork for the ASCII string
SIT2 and changing it to SITD.  I've confirmed that this patch should work.

Disclaimer:  do this at your own risk (read that:  don't call me crying if it
breaks something) and always patch backup copies, not original copies, of your
software.

--Adam--

--
Adam Frix via cmhGate - Net 226 fido<=>uucp gateway Col, OH
UUCP: ...!osu-cis!n8emr!cmhgate!200.2!Adam.Frix

mhowitt@pro-angmar.UUCP (Matt Howitt) (07/21/90)

Adam,

I just wanted to let you know that ShortCut 1.0.2 fixes the problem with
Stuffit Deluxe archives and numerous little bugs over 1.0.1 and 1.0.

Available from MacConnection or your favorite discount software house or call
Aladdin at 408-685-9175 or reach them via aladdin@well.uucp

Disclaimer: No, I don't work for Aladdin.  Just an informed friend of Aladdin
and Ray Lau.

Matt Howitt                |  InterNet: pro-angmar!mhowitt@alphalpha.com
Twisted-Pair Consulting    |  UUCP:     uunet!alphalpha!pro-angmar!mhowitt
---------------------------|  FidoNet:  Matt Howitt on 1:101/121
Go Sox ..err... Red Sox!   |  USnail:   20 Cutter St. Belmont, MA 02178