[comp.sys.mac.apps] Re^2: Password Protection on a Mac II

ccc_phil@waikato.ac.nz (07/23/90)

In article <3107@syma.sussex.ac.uk>, markf@syma.sussex.ac.uk (Mark Foster) writes:
> From article <2028@sparko.gwu.edu>, by rjohnson@seas.gwu.edu (Ray Johnson):
>
> Try MacPassword 3.6.1, its at the sumex archives.

I tried looking in the init, cdev and util diretories to no avail.  Where is
it?

BTW, a helpful netter mailed me the info that MacPassword is not particularly
secure (i.e. any non-novice Mac user shouldn't have too much trouble defeating
it).  I'd still like to try it though, if I can find out where ti get it.
--
Phil Etheridge (phil@waikato.ac.nz)                 /\  /\   -+-,--, .--, ._
Computer Services/Mathematics & Statistics         /  \/  \  / /--< /--  /

broe@plains.UUCP (Paul Broe) (07/23/90)

In article <1079.26ab0710@waikato.ac.nz> ccc_phil@waikato.ac.nz writes:

>BTW, a helpful netter mailed me the info that MacPassword is not particularly
>secure (i.e. any non-novice Mac user shouldn't have too much trouble defeating
>it).  I'd still like to try it though, if I can find out where ti get it.

I submitted MacPassword 3.80 to sumex-aim.stanford.edu recently, so it should
show up soon. Watch for and announcement in comp.sys.mac.digest soon.

By the way, how do you break in? (HINT: That was probably the limited DEMO.)
(ResEdit won't even get into the registered version with all the high security
options turned on.)

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with MacPassword's author or Evergreen
Software, other than being a satisfied registered user of MacPassword.

--
| "I have seen my next computer, and it is the Amiga 3000." - me             |