[comp.sys.mac.apps] Upgrade Policies in general

davidmck@microsoft.UUCP (David MCKINNIS) (07/24/90)

In article <31883@cup.portal.com> ts@cup.portal.com (Tim W Smith) writes:
>< ..and you *know* that Word 4 is gonna break bigtime when System 7.0 hits.. :(
>
>My $55 copy of FullWrite Professional 1.1 seems to work under 7.0 alpha.
>So it is possible to get word processors that won't break.
>
>						Tim Smith

I was going to stay out of the flames, but seeing the
competition mentioned :-) ...
Apple ran Word 4 under system 7.0 as a sample program
at the Worldwide Developer's Conference and we didn't
have any problems.  Excel wouldn't run at the time
because of a bug in the system that has since been fixed.
I don't think 4.0b will have any problems with System 7.

David McKinnis
Software Design Engineer - Mac Word
Microsoft

I'm paid to program, not to have opinions.