[comp.sys.mac.apps] Full Impact 2.0: Now Available

rhb@sc7.hgc.edu (Roger H. Brown) (07/25/90)

I just received Full Impact 2.0 this morning; upgraded from version 1.1.
The upgrade includes 6 new floppy discs with full documentation. In fact
it is a bright red 3-ring binder with a generous 2" of stuff to read.

Looking forward to testing it out this week.

Thanks goes to Ric Bretschneider and Cy Shuster of Ashton-Tate who said
it will be shipped *real soon*.  I am pleased with the turn around.
I ordered the upgrade the week July 9; it was shipped July 18 and it
arrived today UPS.  No flames!

|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
| Roger H. Brown              GEnie: R.BROWN64     AOL: Roger48       |
| Sch. of Eng. & Science      rhb@mstr.hgc.edu   ...uupsi!mstr!rhb    |
|_____________________________________________________________________|

hodas@saul.cis.upenn.edu (Josh Hodas) (07/25/90)

In article <535@mstr.hgc.edu> rhb@mstr.hgc.edu (Roger H. Brown) writes:

>I just received Full Impact 2.0 this morning; upgraded from version 1.1.
>The upgrade includes 6 new floppy discs with full documentation. In fact
>it is a bright red 3-ring binder with a generous 2" of stuff to read.
>
>Looking forward to testing it out this week.
>
>Thanks goes to Ric Bretschneider and Cy Shuster of Ashton-Tate who said
>it will be shipped *real soon*.  I am pleased with the turn around.
>I ordered the upgrade the week July 9; it was shipped July 18 and it
>arrived today UPS.  No flames!

Yes, I ordered my free (more on this in a moment) upgrade yesterday, and
am looking forward to it greatly.

For those of you who, like me, recently took advantage of the firesale
Ashton Tate priceing from the assorted mail Order firms (I got the
Fullwrite/Full Impact/dbase Mac bundlee from Mac Connection for $99)
The upgrade should be free. I forget the cut off date. It was either
April 1st or April 30th (I got mine in May).

I'm not sure if you can buy the bundle now and upgrade (this would be
a great cheap route to 2.0) as I think there may be an ending cut-off
date to.

To check the dates and order upgrades call 1-(800)-2ASHTON.

Josh Hodas    			Home Phone:	     (215) 222-7112
4223 Pine Street		School Office Phone: (215) 898-2911
Philadelphia, PA 19104		New E-Mail Address:  hodas@saul.cis.upenn.edu

psych@watserv1.waterloo.edu (R.Crispin - Psychology) (07/25/90)

In article <535@mstr.hgc.edu> rhb@mstr.hgc.edu (Roger H. Brown) writes:

>I just received Full Impact 2.0 this morning; upgraded from version 1.1.
>The upgrade includes 6 new floppy discs with full documentation. In fact
>it is a bright red 3-ring binder with a generous 2" of stuff to read.
>
>|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
>| Roger H. Brown              GEnie: R.BROWN64     AOL: Roger48       |
>| Sch. of Eng. & Science      rhb@mstr.hgc.edu   ...uupsi!mstr!rhb    |
>|_____________________________________________________________________|

I am a registered user of 2 copies of FullWrite and never received an
upgrade notice. Anyone know what is happening for Canadian Users. Email
to me at one of the addresses below.

Thanks in advance.

Richard Crispin              Phone:    (519)888-4781
Dept. of Psychology          Bitnet:   psych@watdcs
University of Waterloo       Internet: psych@watserv1.UWaterloo.ca
Waterloo, Ont.   Canada   N2L 3G1

oplinger@minerva.crd.ge.com (B. S. Oplinger) (07/26/90)

In a previous article someone talked about the version 2 upgrade and
published the phone number. I just called and found out a rather
useful tidbit I felt that I should post. The phone number is
1-(800)-2ASHTON. I called and was told that if I purchased it between
April 1 and June 30, I was eligable for a free upgrade (and so is
everyone else who bought it recently), but and this is the BIG catch,
you must ASK for it, you will not be sent it automatically. So call
right away and ask. If not, you may be too late and have to pay for
it.

As an aside, I wonder if the upgrade to FW 2.0 will be 'free, but you
must ask' also. And what about dbase/mac?

brian
oplinger@crd.ge.com

<#include standard.disclaimer>