[comp.sys.mac.apps] Diff Eq Solver Sought

sticklen@pleiades.cps.msu.edu (Jon Sticklen) (07/26/90)

I am looking for pointers to packages that solve differential
equations. In the best of worlds, what I would find is a package
with the coverage of IMSL, but with a standard mac friendliness.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
	---jon---

ccc_phil@waikato.ac.nz (07/27/90)

In article <1990Jul25.202910.17999@msuinfo.cl.msu.edu>, sticklen@pleiades.cps.msu.edu (Jon Sticklen) writes:
> I am looking for pointers to packages that solve differential
> equations. In the best of worlds, what I would find is a package
> with the coverage of IMSL, but with a standard mac friendliness.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> 	---jon---
Maple is available on the Mac.  It's well liked by experienced Maple users, as
the Mac interface adds cut-and-paste, multiple windows, etc.  It's not the
memory hog that Mathematica is, which is the more widely publicised
alternative.  Neither is as user friendly as your run-of-the-mill Mac
application, but then they aren't run-of-the-mill applications :-)

Maple will run happily on a Mac Plus with 1 Meg of RAM.  You need
about 6.5 Meg of hard disk space to install the full program, more if you want
the source files as well.
--
Phil Etheridge (phil@waikato.ac.nz)                 /\  /\   -+-,--, .--, ._
Computer Services/Mathematics & Statistics         /  \/  \  / /--< /--  /