[comp.sys.mac.apps] FrameMaker 2.1: documents don't launch...

nvi@mace.cc.purdue.edu (Charles C. Allen) (08/07/90)

Double-clicking on a FrameMaker 2.1 results in a complaint about the
application being missing or busy, although documents do have the
correct icon.  So, I fired up ResEdit and, sure enough, the Bundle bit
isn't set on the FrameMaker application.  Set it, uncheck the INITed
bit, exit ResEdit, open the FrameMaker folder, click on the Release
Notes document, same result.  Hmm.  When I looked again with ResEdit,
the Bundle bit was not set in FrameMaker.

Just to be paranoid, I checked to make sure the manuals specifically
mentioned that you can open a document by double-clicking on its icon
in the Finder (yes, it's in one of 'em somewhere).  I hope this is a
known problem.  What's the solution?

Charles Allen			Internet: cca@newton.physics.purdue.edu
Department of Physics			  nvi@mace.cc.purdue.edu
Purdue University		HEPnet:   purdnu::allen, fnal::cca
West Lafayette, IN  47907	talknet:  317/494-9776

ls1i+@andrew.cmu.edu (Leonard John Schultz) (08/07/90)

On 07-Aug-90 in FrameMaker 2.1: documents d..
user Charles C. Allen@mace.cc writes:
>Double-clicking on a FrameMaker 2.1 results in a complaint about the
>application being missing or busy, although documents do have the
>correct icon.  So, I fired up ResEdit and, sure enough, the Bundle bit
>isn't set on the FrameMaker application.  Set it, uncheck the INITed
>bit, exit ResEdit, open the FrameMaker folder, click on the Release
>Notes document, same result.  Hmm.  When I looked again with ResEdit,
>the Bundle bit was not set in FrameMaker.

I had the same problem.  All you have to do is rebuild your desktop.  It
should correct the matter.

Len Schultz
Carnegie Mellon University

Browns in 1990!!!  The barking by the lake is ominously loud.