[comp.sys.mac.apps] He'p me, he'p me... EPS file in Word 4.0

derek@leah.Albany.Edu (Cinderella Man) (08/13/90)

	I'm sure this question's been answered before, but as I can't seem
to find any info in the manual -- how can one import an EPS file (in this
case, from Illustrator), into Word 4.0?  I have been able to include
straight PostScript text in a document, and define it so it will be
interpreted and print correctly, but what I'd really like is to see the
bitmap on screen while the PS code prints.  My efforts result in a bitmap,
nothing more.  There should be a way to do this, right?

	Or should I stop fiddling and get my update to WordPerfect 2.0?
(Should it ever appear...)

						Derek L.
--
+ +   One Mac is worth exactly 2.317 PCs (based on current price indices)   + +
	Disclaimer:  I was asleep.	---}=-----F-e-n-c-e-r----------`

ack@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Andy J. Williams) (08/14/90)

derek@leah.Albany.Edu (Cinderella Man) writes:

>	I'm sure this question's been answered before, but as I can't seem
>to find any info in the manual

Page 288 in the Word 4.0 manual.

>I have been able to include
>straight PostScript text in a document, and define it so it will be
>interpreted and print correctly, but what I'd really like is to see the
>bitmap on screen while the PS code prints.  My efforts result in a bitmap,
>nothing more.  There should be a way to do this, right?

This might be a little beyond Word's capabilities. I have never tried to
do this, relying on PageMaker for this sort of thing. It should at least
provide a box on screen to show the size of the image.

>	Or should I stop fiddling and get my update to WordPerfect 2.0?
>(Should it ever appear...)

Ugh. Why? Take a look at Nisus if you want an alternative to Word. WordPerfect
is ugly! (IMHO)

>						Derek L.

-Andy

>--
>+ +   One Mac is worth exactly 2.317 PCs (based on current price indices)   + +
>	Disclaimer:  I was asleep.	---}=-----F-e-n-c-e-r----------`
>++    All the busy little creatures / Chasing out their destinies --Peart    ++
--
+---------------------------- Andy J. Williams '90 ----------------------------+
|   User Services Consultant - Kiewit Computation Center - Dartmouth College   |

JAH4@psuvm.psu.edu (JEFFREY A. HAMMAN) (08/14/90)

In article <3522@leah.Albany.Edu>, derek@leah.Albany.Edu (Cinderella Man) says:

>        I'm sure this question's been answered before, but as I can't seem
>to find any info in the manual -- how can one import an EPS file (in this
>case, from Illustrator), into Word 4.0?  I have been able to include
>straight PostScript text in a document, and define it so it will be
>interpreted and print correctly, but what I'd really like is to see the
>bitmap on screen while the PS code prints.  My efforts result in a bitmap,
>nothing more.  There should be a way to do this, right?

           When you have the illustration on the screen in Illustrator,
        select all elements, hold down on the option key and copy the
        image.  This, in addition to putting the PICT information on
        the clipboard, the corresponding Postscript information is also
        included. Then, simply exit from Illustrator, open the Word file
        and paste.

                                      Jeffrey A. Hamman   jah4@psuvm.bitnet
                                      Microcomputer Systems Consultant
                                      Coordinator, Student Support Initiative