[comp.sys.mac.apps] Excell Macro? or generic macro maker?

barnett@grymoire.crd.ge.com (Bruce Barnett) (08/14/90)

I have a user who wants to combine data from three Excell
worksheets into a fourth worksheet. I don't use Excell myself.

Can Excell do this by itself? Or do I need to use a Macro utility like
Tempo or QuicKeys?

Mail, please.
--
Bruce G. Barnett	barnett@crd.ge.com	uunet!crdgw1!barnett

rkm@PacBell.COM (Richard Mossman) (08/14/90)

In article <BARNETT.90Aug13153421@grymoire.crd.ge.com> barnett@crdgw1.ge.com writes:

>Can Excell do this by itself? Or do I need to use a Macro utility like
>Tempo or QuicKeys?

Yes, definitely!  It's called "linking worksheets" and is explained on
Page 429 +++.

I have 5 spreadsheets that are linked into one "Totals" spreadsheet that feeds
one Chart that is linked into a Microsoft Word document.  When I change
something on one of the base spreadsheets, I get to choose whether I let the
change be reflected on the composite, the chart, and the Word document.

No Macro's requried.  It's all in the Excel and Word manuals.
--
Richard K. Mossman  {att,bellcore,sun,ames,decwrl}!pacbell!rkm
415/823-0974