[comp.sys.mac.apps] WriteNow 2.0 bug?

esguerra@wccf.mit.edu (MANUEL ESGUERRA) (08/22/90)

We are having the following problem with WriteNow on our SE:

The program has worked just fine on the computer for over 2 years. Now,
however, any attempt to launch the app using either its icon or a document icon
produces this alert: Out of memory! Your last change will be undone and all
open documents will be saved before exiting.

And you are forced to shell out with the OK button. This all occurs before any
menu bar appears. This happens with any copy of WriteNow that is installed on
this particular machine, including versions 1.2 and 2.0.

System configuration: SE with 1Mb RAM, 20Meg Apple HD, no accelerator boards.
Multifinder not in use, problem occurs with all INITs turned off. 'About the
Finder' reports ~256k for System, ~729k allocated to Finder. Other
applications on the disk appear to be unaffected. Disinfectant 2.0 reports no
known viruses.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Manny Esguerra
Sarah Pallas

esguerra@wccf.mit.edu (MANUEL ESGUERRA) (08/24/90)

In article <1990Aug22.083228.25456@athena.mit.edu>, esguerra@wccf.mit.edu
we wrote about problems with WriteNow:

>...any attempt to launch the app using either its icon or a document icon
>produces this alert: Out of memory! Your last change will be undone and all
>open documents will be saved before exiting.
>
>And you are forced to shell out with the OK button. This all occurs before any
>menu bar appears. This happens with any copy of WriteNow that is installed on
>this particular machine, including versions 1.2 and 2.0.
>
>Configuration: SE with 1Mb RAM
>		System 6.02
>		Finder 6.1
>		20Meg Apple HD
>		No accelerator boards.
>
>Multifinder not in use, all INITs turned off.

Since this posting I have turned MultiFinder back on, and the application
launches just fine. Any idea what's going on here?

Manny Esguerra