[comp.sys.mac.apps] Word and DeskWriter

kehr@felix.UUCP (Shirley Kehr) (08/27/90)

"I am having trouble getting Microsoft Word 4.0 to use all 8 inches
"of the imageable area of a DeskWriter.  I am using MS Word 4.0
"(no A or B suffix) and DeskWriter driver A.02.00.  I took the following
"steps in Word:
"
"Page Setup - selected US Letter
"Format Document - set left and right margins to 0"
"Show ruler - click on Page Scale icon

"Jeff Rubin
"UUCP: ...!amdahl!key!jbr

Under step one (Page Setup) also select Options and check Larger Print
Area.  If that doesn't do it, I guess it means a phone call or two.

Shirley Kehr

jag@cello.mc.duke.edu (John Graves) (08/30/90)

In article <150591@felix.UUCP> kehr@felix.UUCP (Shirley Kehr) writes:
>"I am having trouble getting Microsoft Word 4.0 to use all 8 inches
>"of the imageable area of a DeskWriter.

Basic question here is what size paper are you using?  8 1/2 by 11.  Then
you cannot use all of the paper if only 8 inches of imageable area.

>"Page Setup - selected US Letter
>"Format Document - set left and right margins to 0"

You must set margins to account for the extra 1/2 inch that is not imageable.
To do so on an Apple Laserwriter you need at least .5 in normally but with
the Larger Print Area option you need only .25" all around.  This will
allow you to use 8 inches of imageable area.

     John Allan Graves                 *Unitarian Universalism*
     jag@cello.cellbio.duke.edu        The church where you don't have to
     Duke Divinity School       	check your mind at the door!
     disavows anything I say!