[comp.sys.mac.apps] CD Remote questions

jordan@Morgan.COM (Jordan Hayes) (08/29/90)

Ok, so now that I have some of my Audio CDs labeled with CD Remote, how
can I get access to the data?  The strings are stored as resources, so
I can always use ResEdit, but it'd be nice to be able to access them
with some other software, like a Hypercard stack or something.  Has
anyone done this?

This would also allow things like building libraries of data about
various CDs so that others could grab entries for CDs they have, and
contribute entries for the unique ones they have.

/jordan

blob@Apple.COM (Brian Bechtel) (08/31/90)

jordan@Morgan.COM (Jordan Hayes) writes:

>Ok, so now that I have some of my Audio CDs labeled with CD Remote, how
>can I get access to the data?  The strings are stored as resources, so
>I can always use ResEdit, but it'd be nice to be able to access them
>with some other software, like a Hypercard stack or something.  Has
>anyone done this?

The Hypercard CD Audio Toolkit contains XCMDs to read the CD Remote
database.   It's available from APDA, or on the Developer Helper CD
series.  It may also be available from apple.com via anonymous ftp; I
haven't checked lately.

--Brian Bechtel		blob@apple.com		"My opinion, not Apple's"