[comp.sys.mac.apps] Converting Draw Text to WP text

kehr@felix.UUCP (Shirley Kehr) (08/24/90)

A former instructor created extensive tests in MacDraw. His successor
wants all of this text to be editable in a word processor. Of course
pasting the text into a WP doesn't get you anything but a graphic.

The only solution I had was to OCR it. In case there is another way
(we don't have any OCR software), could you please post or mail a
user friendly solution. (If it's too hard, this novice won't be able
to handle it.)

Thanks for any suggestions

Shirley Kehr

jeremyr@cs.qmw.ac.uk (Jeremy Roussak) (08/31/90)

In <150470@felix.UUCP> kehr@felix.UUCP (Shirley Kehr) writes:

>A former instructor created extensive tests in MacDraw. His successor
>wants all of this text to be editable in a word processor. Of course
>pasting the text into a WP doesn't get you anything but a graphic.

Pasting the text into a WP gets a graphic if you select the
object.  However, if you select the text tool in MacDraw and
then select all the text of the object, you can paste into a WP
as text.  I'm assuming, to make this reasonably easy to do,
that the text is contained in relatively few objects.

>Thanks for any suggestions

You're welcome.  Hope it helps.

>Shirley Kehr

Jeremy Roussak