[comp.sys.mac.apps] Disk Labelling Software

derosa@motcid.UUCP (John DeRosa) (09/10/90)

Info-Mac@sumex-aim.stanford.edu writes:

>   There is a program called MyDiskLabeller by William Macias Co.  It allows
>you to create labels for disks (with or without graphics), and it will
>print to either an ImageWriter or a LaserWriter.  I do believe that you will
>need to buy all of the labels from them.

I also use several programs by William and Macias.  They are very
well written.  My comments are:

* MyDiskLabeller - I use this program all the time and it is
great for producing some very nice labels for disks, either simple
or complex.  One very nice feature of this program is that it will read
the contents of disks (with a rapid read mode) and put the information
on the label in about 15 different ways (disk space left, disk space
used, dates (various), file names (either top level only or all the
files), system included?, etc, etc).  This is the feature that sold
me on the program.

You do not need to use their labels, I use Avery laser
5196 labels for my 3-1/2" disks, works just fine.

I am using version
3.0.4 that has a problem with printers on a large network.  We have
about 30 printers and the program only sees about 4 of them, none of
local to me.
I talked to the developer and he said the previous version had the
opposite problem, being able to see local but not distant printers.
Therefore he is sending me V3.0.3 to tide me over until V3.0.5
comes out.  They state that this is their #1 priority problem.

* MacLabel (Avery) and StickyBusiness (William and Macias) - These two
programs I believe to be identical.  I only have the Avery one and is
it has many identical features with MyDiskLabeller so I can extrapolate that it
came from W&M and mimics StickyBusiness.  All in all I would rather
buy StickyB as it most likely will be a later release and I can
get support right from the horses mouth.
=    John DeRosa, Motorola, Inc, Cellular Infrastructure Division           =
=                   e-mail: ...uunet!motcid!derosaj                         =
=                           motcid!derosaj@uunet.uu.net                     =
=                Applelink: N1111                                           =
= I do not hold by employer responsible for any information in this message =
=      nor am I responsible for anything my employer may do or say.         =