[comp.sys.mac.apps] Edit 2.1 and Many, Many Fonts

derosa@motcid.UUCP (John DeRosa) (09/10/90)

I enjoy two things in my Macintosh life; Lots of Fonts and
a simple text editor like Edit 2.1.

Unfortunately, it appears that too many fonts causes
Edit to choke.  Has anyone else had this problem?  What is
the magic number of fonts that is OK?  Thank god I have
suitcase so that I can turn off some fonts when I need
Edit....but.....what a pain!
=    John DeRosa, Motorola, Inc, Cellular Infrastructure Division           =
=                   e-mail: ...uunet!motcid!derosaj                         =
=                           motcid!derosaj@uunet.uu.net                     =
=                Applelink: N1111                                           =
= I do not hold by employer responsible for any information in this message =
=      nor am I responsible for anything my employer may do or say.         =

jimb@silvlis.com (Jim Budler) (09/11/90)

In article <4582@crystal9.UUCP> derosa@motcid.UUCP (John DeRosa) writes:
>I enjoy two things in my Macintosh life; Lots of Fonts and
>a simple text editor like Edit 2.1.
>
>Unfortunately, it appears that too many fonts causes
>Edit to choke.  Has anyone else had this problem?  What is

Yes.
>the magic number of fonts that is OK?  Thank god I have

I don't know.

>suitcase so that I can turn off some fonts when I need
>Edit....but.....what a pain!

Yes, Suitcase kept Edit alive for me, long past what it's demise would
have been without Suitcase. It finally became too difficult when I
actually commonly worked with LaserWriter fonts on a regular
basis.

I have replaced it with DA text editors. I wont specify which one, because
I haven't decided. They're all shareware with the exception of McSink,
which is shareware, but if I decide on it I'll probably buy Vantage.

They include: