[comp.sys.mac.apps] whatever happened to MindWrite?

KOFOID@cc.utah.edu (09/07/90)

Is MindWrite now a dead product or is it still supported? I have version
2.1, sold by Access Technology, Inc. If I'm not mistaken, this was the
third company to own the product. I still think it is the best outliner
ever made for the Mac.

Cheers,

Eric.

|       Eric Kofoid; Dept. Biology, U. of Utah; SLC, UT 84112      |
|                          (801) 581-3592                          |
|                     kofoid@bioscience.utah.edu                   |
| -- The University of Utah is blameless for anything I've said -- |
|__________________________________________________________________|
NI

NI

francis@morganucodon.cis.ohio-state.edu (RD Francis) (09/11/90)

In article <91187@cc.utah.edu> KOFOID@cc.utah.edu writes:
>Is MindWrite now a dead product or is it still supported? I have version
>2.1, sold by Access Technology, Inc. If I'm not mistaken, this was the
>third company to own the product. I still think it is the best outliner
>ever made for the Mac.

It's hard to tell, right now.  A company called DeltaPoint now has the
rights to both this and Trapeze.  If I remember correctly, DeltaPoint
may have been formed by ex-employees of Access Technology when Access
died/dumped the software/whatever.  I believe that both Trapeze and
MindWrite are still being sold.  I know that DeltaPoint recently
released DeltaGraph, so they presumably still have a programming staff.
--
R David Francis   francis@cis.ohio-state.edu

alh@pyrnova.pyramid.com (Alan Holzman) (09/11/90)

In article <83531@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> RD Francis <francis@cis.ohio-state.edu> writes:
>In article <91187@cc.utah.edu> KOFOID@cc.utah.edu writes:
>>Is MindWrite now a dead product or is it still supported? I have version
>>2.1, sold by Access Technology, Inc.
>>I still think it is the best outliner
>>ever made for the Mac.
>
>It's hard to tell, right now.  A company called DeltaPoint now has the
>rights to both this and Trapeze.  If I remember correctly, DeltaPoint
>may have been formed by ex-employees of Access Technology when Access
>died/dumped the software/whatever.  I believe that both Trapeze and
>MindWrite are still being sold.  I know that DeltaPoint recently
>released DeltaGraph, so they presumably still have a programming staff.
>--
>R David Francis   francis@cis.ohio-state.edu

	DeltaPoint IS Access Technology with a new name. The DeltaGraph
program has been incredibly sucessful and their focus seems to be 100%
on DeltaGraph right now. I use MindWrite and also believe that it is the
best outliner ever produced. Acta is quick for short memos or notes, however;
it pales in terms of power and functionality next to MindWrite. Even MORE
is not as powerful or as easy to use for pure outlining (and much MORE
expensive) . To those of you that think and write in outline format a great
deal, MindWrite is a really intuitive tool.

       	Now we need to flood DeltaPoint with accolades for MindWrite, get them
to re-position it as an "Insanely Great" Outliner that also does medium level
wordprocessing instead of as a wordprocessor that also outlines, and have them
committ to doing another release beyond 2.1 ...