[comp.sys.mac.apps] ATM cache size

norman@d.cs.okstate.edu (Norman Graham) (09/16/90)

Followups to c.s.m.system

From article <6532@adobe.UUCP>, by dkletter@adobe.COM (It's all fun and games until someone PUTS AN EYE OUT):
> In article <4608@crystal9.UUCP> derosa@motcid.UUCP (John DeRosa) writes:
>
>>I keep my cache set at 416k.  Anyone else have
>>a better number?
>
> i keep my font cache at 256K on my cx which i think is more than
> sufficient.

Mine stays between 512K and 1024K--but I print to a quickdraw laser
printer and that requires fonts four times larger than the ones in
my documents. Thus it's the printing--not the screen display--that
prompts me to use a large cache.  Most people printing to a Postscript
printer should be able to live with a 256K cache.

My opinion only,
--Norm
--
Norman Graham                            Oklahoma State University
    Domain:  norman@a.cs.okstate.edu     Department of Computer Science