[comp.sys.mac.apps] Think C

sg2s+@andrew.cmu.edu (Sean Michael Goller) (09/24/90)

Small question for everyone in netland:

I'm using my mac to write unix programs, then move the code there and do
final compilation. The problem is this: Think C mentions a function
ccommand() with should be called like so:

argc = ccommand(&argv);

which should simulate command-line parameters in unix. However, they
don't detail where this function is....they say it's in the console
library, but it's not on the disks with the package! I have both ANSI
and unix packages loaded, and Think C just barfs on ccommand......

I've got Version 4.0.0.

Sean.

brian%cirrusl@oliveb.ATC.olivetti.com (Brian Feinberg) (09/28/90)

In <AazI82O00Uh_81z45e@andrew.cmu.edu> sg2s+@andrew.cmu.edu (Sean Michael Goller) writes:

>I'm using my mac to write unix programs, then move the code there and do
>final compilation. The problem is this: Think C mentions a function
>ccommand() with should be called like so:

>argc = ccommand(&argv);

>which should simulate command-line parameters in unix. However, they
>don't detail where this function is....they say it's in the console
>library, but it's not on the disks with the package! (etc)

Have you included <console.h>?

-- Brian Feinberg
--
Brian Feinberg <brian%cirrusl@oliveb.ATC.olivetti.com>
UUCP:  oliveb!cirrusl!brian
Brian Feinberg <brian%cirrusl@oliveb.ATC.olivetti.com>
UUCP:  oliveb!cirrusl!brian

sg2s+@andrew.cmu.edu (Sean Michael Goller) (09/28/90)

Ok. I forgot to mention that yes, I had included console.h

The error results when I try to Run it...everything compiles fine.

Based on email response, I think it's the fact that I didn't have
MacTraps included on the library level....

Sean.

tim@maths.tcd.ie (Timothy Murphy) (09/28/90)

In <AazI82O00Uh_81z45e@andrew.cmu.edu> sg2s+@andrew.cmu.edu (Sean Michael Goller) writes:

>Small question for everyone in netland:

>I'm using my mac to write unix programs, then move the code there and do
>final compilation. The problem is this: Think C mentions a function
>ccommand() with should be called like so:

>argc = ccommand(&argv);

>which should simulate command-line parameters in unix. However, they
>don't detail where this function is....they say it's in the console
>library, but it's not on the disks with the package! I have both ANSI
>and unix packages loaded, and Think C just barfs on ccommand......

Have you tried

#include <console.h>

The function ccommand is mentioned in my THINK C 'Standard Libraries' manual.
It is in a section called 'console'.
I imagine that is there used to be a 'console' library,
which is now included in the ANSI library.

I do find this 'ccommand' business a nuisance.
It means that virtually every C program has to be modified
on porting to the Mac.
I assume the reason is that one 'ought' to use the Mac interface,
but life is too short ...

--

Timothy Murphy

e-mail: tim@maths.tcd.ie