[comp.sys.mac.apps] Acad DXF on MAC

t_hallam@fennel.cc.uwa.oz.au (09/25/90)

Does anyone know of a program which will convert AutoCad DXF files into
PICT or some other MAC format?

an12280@mdaali.cancer.utexas.edu (David Gutierrez) (09/26/90)

In article <1990Sep25.134526.2324@fennel.cc.uwa.oz.au>
t_hallam@fennel.cc.uwa.oz.au writes:
> Does anyone know of a program which will convert AutoCad DXF files into
> PICT or some other MAC format?

The current version of MacLink Plus includes a DXF-to-PICT converter. Of
course, what *I* need is a PICT(or TIFF)-to-DXF converter. Anybody know
where I can get one?

David Gutierrez
an12280@mdaali.cancer.utexas.edu

"Only fools are positive." - Moe Howard

jimp@trigraph.uucp (Jim Prall) (10/01/90)

In article <1990Sep25.134526.2324@fennel.cc.uwa.oz.au> t_hallam@fennel.cc.uwa.oz.au writes:
>Does anyone know of a program which will convert AutoCad DXF files into
>PICT or some other MAC format?

There are a number of DXF translators for the Mac. Two I have seen
work successfully are:
  1) Claris Graphics Translator -this does DXF to ClarisCAD, Pict, etc.
  2) CADMover from Kandu Software (703) 532-0213 for $495.
I don't have the price on ClarisCAD. Ask them.
Also, some CAD packages on the Mac can read &/or write various
formats, possibly including either DXF or PICT, but don't ask me
which ones. What am I, your mother? Read the reviews.
A good source of info is _Macintosh-Aided-Design_, a magazine on
CAD for the Mac.

Standard disclaimers. I don't use CAD myself - I just make Macs go.
-Jim Prall