[comp.sys.mac.apps] NCSA Telenet and setup keys

dave@cmi.com (David Halonen) (10/05/90)

Hi all.

I'm having difficulty in getting NCSA Telnet to disable the setup keys.
If I use emacs, <cntl>-x-s gets intercepted by the "suspend output"
process or whatever, which results in the output to the screen getting
frozen, not a file save.  At any rate, I'ld like to configure my
config.tel file, so I don't have to elimate these intercepts each and
every time.

The manual doesn't offer any suggestions for automatically turning this
off.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

David Halonen, Center for Machine Intelligence, Electronic Data Systems
Ann Arbor, MI (313) 995-0900
AppleLink: N0548  Internet: dave@cmi.com

dwal@ellis.uchicago.edu (David Walton) (10/05/90)

In article <4938@etsu.CMI.COM> dave@cmi.com (David Halonen) writes:

>Hi all.
>
>I'm having difficulty in getting NCSA Telnet to disable the setup keys.
>If I use emacs, <cntl>-x-s gets intercepted by the "suspend output"
>process or whatever, which results in the output to the screen getting
>frozen, not a file save.  At any rate, I'ld like to configure my
>config.tel file, so I don't have to elimate these intercepts each and
>every time.

The config.tel file has a local flow control switch.  Find the "localkeys"
keyword, and set if to off:

	localkeys=off

--
David Walton            Internet: dwal@midway.uchicago.edu
University of Chicago   {  Any opinions found herein are mine, not  }