[comp.sys.mac.apps] Textures and SuperLaserSpool

irwin@galton.uchicago.edu (Mark Irwin) (10/10/90)

Does anyone know if Textures 1.2a and SuperLaserSpool 2.02 work together
with a DeskWriter.  When I try to print from Textures with SuperLaserSpool
active the output is in Geneva.  However when I disable SuperLaserSpool
either at startup or through the LaserQueue DA I get the right output.
It appears that when the spooler is active the printer driver doesn't go
looking for the correct bitmap fonts (they are kept in a folder with the
Textures application as suggested in the manual) but just uses Geneva
instead.

I tried checking to see if other inits were the problem but
SuperLaserSpool was the only one that seemed to cause any trouble.  My
system setup is:

SE/30 4M Ram
System 6.0.5 running under MultiFinder

Init/Cdev active:

Init Cdev 3.0
SAM Intercept 2.0
Boomerang 2.0
CE Toolbox 1.2
DiskTop.Extras
HandOff II 1.0
MacEnvy 2.0
Pyro 4.0
Suitcase II 1.2.6
Sum Shield Init 2.0
SuperClock 3.9
Transform 1.0
Adobe Type Reunion 1.0
WindowShade 1.1
Adobe Type Manager 1.2

If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate hearing from you

Mark Irwin
irwin@galton.uchicago.edu

knapp@cs.utexas.edu (Edgar Knapp) (10/10/90)

In article <1990Oct10.061115.4809@midway.uchicago.edu> irwin@galton.uchicago.edu (Mark Irwin) writes:
>Does anyone know if Textures 1.2a and SuperLaserSpool 2.02 work together
>with a DeskWriter.  When I try to print from Textures with SuperLaserSpool
>active the output is in Geneva.  However when I disable SuperLaserSpool
[...]

Open all TeXtures font files with Suitcase, and the correct fonts will
be used.

Edgar

(knapp@cs.utexas.edu)