[comp.sys.mac.apps] Decompression of files with .pit suffix

jeff@brahms.amd.com (Jeff Runaldue) (10/19/90)

	I recently pulled some files from
LISTSERV@ricevm1.rice.edu which after decoding had
a file suffix (.pit).  Most of the files I have
retrieved in the past have had a file suffix of (.sit)
which can be decompressed using Stuffit.
	Do you know any programs which can decompress
files with (.pit) suffix?

resnick@cogsci.uiuc.edu (Pete Resnick) (10/19/90)

jeff@brahms.amd.com (Jeff Runaldue) writes:
>	I recently pulled some files from
>LISTSERV@ricevm1.rice.edu which after decoding had
>a file suffix (.pit).  Most of the files I have
>retrieved in the past have had a file suffix of (.sit)
>which can be decompressed using Stuffit.
>	Do you know any programs which can decompress
>files with (.pit) suffix?

These are Packit files. You can either use the unpack choice in
Stuffit (the choice does not appear in UnStuffit), or get Packit
from sumex-aim.stanford.edu or you favorite other place to get
stuff.

pr
--
Pete Resnick             (...so what is a mojo, and why would one be rising?)
Graduate assistant - Philosophy Department, Gregory Hall, UIUC

draphsor@elaine0.stanford.edu (Matt Rollefson) (10/20/90)

jeff@brahms.amd.com (Jeff Runaldue) writes:

>	I recently pulled some files from
>LISTSERV@ricevm1.rice.edu which after decoding had
>a file suffix (.pit).  Most of the files I have
>retrieved in the past have had a file suffix of (.sit)
>which can be decompressed using Stuffit.
>	Do you know any programs which can decompress
>files with (.pit) suffix?

StuffIt 1.5.1 can.  Select "Unpack file" from the "other" menu.  (btw,
.pit is the extension for Pack-It files, apparently the archiver which
was used before StuffIt came on the scene.)

--
Draphsor vo'drun-Aelf                  draphsor@portia.stanford.edu