[comp.sys.mac.apps] Keyboard-based editing and Excel

jkain@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Jeff Kain) (10/23/90)

A question was raised today about how one can edit text entry without
using the mouse to highlight the text.  Specifically, is it possible
to edit a column heading or an entry using the keyboard alone?

Thanks,

Jeff Kain

--
"We create a leader by locating one in the crowd who is standing up. [...] We
designate this victim as a 'stand-up guy' by the simple expedient of

dana@are.berkeley.edu (Dana E. Keil) (10/23/90)

jkain@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Jeff Kain) writes:

>A question was raised today about how one can edit text entry without
>using the mouse to highlight the text.  Specifically, is it possible
>to edit a column heading or an entry using the keyboard alone?

Move to the cell you want to edit with the arrow keys, hit command-U
while the cell is highlighted and then the arrow keys will move you
around within the text of the cell for editing. After finishing edit
hit return to okay the new text in the cell.
--
Dana E. Keil                Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics
University of California, Berkeley                      dana@are.berkeley.edu